Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    That's scary...I really don't like the lack of a temp gauge on these cars.

What kind of error did you get?
    No error, just the orange coolant warning light followed by the red coolant warning light approximately 2 seconds later, LOL. Not exactly enough time to pull over and shut it down.

I am now considering one of those P3 digital gauges for the left vent, so I can monitor coolant temp.... but they are $400. I wish I could put coolant temp on rotation in the OBC... From what I have read that’s not possible. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Damn! That quite pricy water pump repair.
    So, it's going to be 3rd water pump for this car?
    If that is the case, why there is so much noise online about e46 pumps? I changed mine at 160k miles. I did it as preventative maintenance and when I removed the pump, it had very very small play in the shaft.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    If that is the case, why there is so much noise online about e46 pumps?
    E46 pumps I don't think really fail that often. I think the 'noise' was more attributed to the shitty impeller designs they had when they were new. Now, the impellers are composite, so they shouldn't have the impeller issues the plastic ones had nor the bearing issues the metal ones had. I'd say the composite ones are pretty solid.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

That is the explanation. I was under the impression that there is paranoia about BMW water pumps.
    Botond, how many pumps did you change?

Peter, I have a P3 vent gauge for boost... I don't like it. Not only is it hard to look left and down to see the gauge, at night the gauge reflects in the drivers side window right where the mirror is. It's really annoying. I wish it was in the center vent.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I believe these codes show before the water pump fails. They don't trigger the SES warning. You need a scanner that can read BMW codes:

2E81 electric waster pump, engine speed variance
    2E82 electric water pump shutdown overcurrent.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Dang, Peterman! This is not a good start for your e90 relationship. Fingers crossed it's the only hiccup in an otherwise solid car.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Peter, I have a P3 vent gauge for boost... I don't like it. Not only is it hard to look left and down to see the gauge, at night the gauge reflects in the drivers side window right where the mirror is. It's really annoying. I wish it was in the center vent.
    The little green light for my auto headlights does this and I can't stand it. Took my months to stop thinking that there was a green light behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    That is the explanation. I was under the impression that there is paranoia about BMW water pumps.
    Botond, how many pumps did you change?

I've done a full cooling system refresh twice, once at 89k miles and again at 243k. The only two components that failed in my ownership were a coolant hose (premature failure, didn't have many miles on it when failed) and an expansion tank, though the tank was my fault. I didn't mount the radiator properly and the tank made contact with a pulley/belt, which wore a hole through it. Otherwise, I haven't really had any issues with my cooling system despite the extended replacement intervals.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I've done a full cooling system refresh twice, once at 89k miles and again at 243k. The only two components that failed in my ownership were a coolant hose (premature failure, didn't have many miles on it when failed) and an expansion tank, though the tank was my fault. I didn't mount the radiator properly and the tank made contact with a pulley/belt, which wore a hole through it. Otherwise, I haven't really had any issues with my cooling system despite the extended replacement intervals.
    That pretty impressive for all that mileage.
    Sorry for hacking your tread Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post

The little green light for my auto headlights does this and I can't stand it. Took my months to stop thinking that there was a green light behind me.
    Dude that green dot annoyed me so much. I took a black sharpie and gave two taps to the green lens—it’s transparent enough to still know the lights are on but opaque enough to not drive me nuts.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast