Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

You will pry my ZHP from my cold dead hands

Automotive Perfection. Excellence in Automotive engineering. The ultimate driving machine.
    These words ring stronger than mere hyperbole.

Surely I’m not the only ZHP owner that every once in a while has this moment of: holy shit this car is good.
    It’s more than the sum of its parts. I get what the hosts of Top Gear mean when they talk about how excellent Alfa Romeo’s are when everything is perfect. The ZHP checks all the same boxes, save for one: it doesn’t really have a soul. I’ll happily trade German reliability for that.

Everything comes together on this car so well. It’s not just the big things, but the really small details that make this car stand out. The inline 6 engine trades raw power for smoothness. The red ambient lighting and gauges make perfect sense when you’re driving at night so your eyes have maximum acuity. The wiper blades can be set exactly how you need them. You, the driver. are in control. The stalks don’t feel flimsy but have a solidity to them that matches the solidity of the car on the road, allowing you to extend your commands to the road through your fingertips. This car doesn’t make sense until you’re at speeds way above the arbitrary restriction. Indeed, speed limits are arbitrary to the ZHP. The only rules that matter are God’s own laws of physics.

This car is engineered so precisely; so well. Every part comes together, and nothing is wasted. The brakes match the engine. The seats match the handling, the stereo matches the cabin noise.

Seriously, am I the only one that is utterly amazed by this car? Not just compared to contemporary cars, but pretty much any car on the road?

There is no way I’m letting go. I am astounded. I really wonder what people would think without all the marketing propaganda overjoyed about the latest idiotic gizmo. Damn. BMW.

Well written...I agree, just an excellent car...To me a true modern classic!
    RD Sport Tornado Aero Kit|RD Sport Sway Bars|Bilstein PSS9|OE M3 Strut Bar|Bimmerbrakes Gen3 Headers (Swain Sprayed)|Supersprint x-pipe, section 2 resonator & muffler|Dinan Stage II Tune|Dinan LT Intake|Dinan TB|UUC UD Pulleys|E60 SSK

Good Post.

Now image what these cars were like when they were brand new.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Mine's a little better than brand new (the one thing they were truly missing is an LSD--fixed that)... and I couldn't agree more. I have two xi's (an automatic and a manual), and they are awesome cars as well, but my ZHP is on another level entirely. It feels like a different and high-end model--as if BMW scoured all the parts bins for only the very best parts to build the very best car they could. Enjoy them while they last!
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Good Post.

Now image what these cars were like when they were brand new.
    I'm trying to get that close to brand new feel.

Soul and character can always be added. The car is an excellent blank canvas.

The ZHP makes you judge other cars with a higher level of expectation.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

+1. 62K on my '06 with 22K of that in the last 3 years since I bought it. I love the car more and more every time I drive it. Will 'old-school' maintain it and plan to drive it forever. The operative word here is 'drive'...
    Ron ///Man

'06 ZHP Coupe 6sp Sparkling Graphite
    '02 330ci SE46 Racer
    '03 330ci Endurance Racer

I’ve had mine for:

4361 days
    It is 4361 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.
    Or 11 years, 11 months, 8 days excluding the end date.
    Or 143 months, 8 days excluding the end date.
    Alternative time units
    4361 days can be converted to one of these units:
    376,790,400 seconds
    6,279,840 minutes
    104,664 hours
    4361 days
    623 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ron///Man View Post
    +1. 62K on my '06 with 22K of that in the last 3 years since I bought it. I love the car more and more every time I drive it. Will 'old-school' maintain it and plan to drive it forever. The operative word here is 'drive'...
    I plan to keep my ZHP forever. I don't drive that much (3-5k miles a year), it's "easy" to work on, and it's just a fantastic car to drive. It doesn't blow my socks off with speed, other cars can handle better, it doesn't have enough storage space to haul huge amounts of stuff, it doesn't get the best gas mileage, and it isn't the most modern car either; but it does everything just right for me. No car that is within my budget has as good of lines, fun to drive, or is as good a daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    I’ve had mine for:

4361 days
    It is 4361 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.
    Or 11 years, 11 months, 8 days excluding the end date.
    Or 143 months, 8 days excluding the end date.
    Alternative time units
    4361 days can be converted to one of these units:
    376,790,400 seconds
    6,279,840 minutes
    104,664 hours
    4361 days
    623 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but who's counting? Haha