Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Well, the weekend was a success. Cold and rainy had us all sliding all over the track on Saturday but on Sunday the rain stopped and the sun came out giving us a great track. The little ZHP did great!. The only issue is during the 2nd session on Sunday I thought I felt a misfire on the cool down lap and looking at the cluster showed the CEL is now illuminated. I ran faults on it and it had a misfire code stored for cyl#6. Thinking that I had a questionable coil and no spares I swapped the coil to cyl#2 and removed the coil over. When I went to start it for the 3rd session it bellowed blue smoke for a few seconds after start-up. I suspected the Crank Case Vent Valve was on it's way out and the misfire could have been caused by that. I continued up to the grid and with the engine running removed the oil fill cap, if it removes easily with no discernible change in engine operation the CCVV is usually in good shape. 3rd session went off without a hitch and no more drivability issues. I pulled into our "camp" and rechecked the oil fill cap, this time it had a fair bit of suction on it and the idle became erratic, confirming my suspicion about the CCVV being faulty. 4th session got the huge plume of oil smoke but otherwise again the ZHP did awesome.

I'm going to take a break for a week or two from the car and get caught up on some customer work. But future plans call for an interior swap from beige to black along with repairing the sunroof cassette. Then new front bumper and correcting any trim with clear coat issues. And then I'll probably post it for sale to fund a dedicated HPDE car. If it doesn't sell I'll continue to drive the hell out of it and maybe it'll get a S54 I have kicking around... who knows

Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Great updates! I am glad to hear that ZHP did not disappoint you, considering that you usually driving s54 on the track

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice!! I wish I had a lift!

Let me know if you want another Imola parts car Im posting mine up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardie View Post
    Nice!! I wish I had a lift!

Let me know if you want another Imola parts car Im posting mine up tonight.
    Sent you a PM
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Great updates! I am glad to hear that ZHP did not disappoint you, considering that you usually driving s54 on the track

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Actually the last time out was in my M52TU powered 323iT and it was a blast even with its original rating of 165hp, but it does have more gear than the ZHP and a LSD.

This ZHP is just to nice (IMO) to turn into a track car, so I'm now searching for a beater wagon that I will swap into it a M54B30/5MT and then front and rear subframes from an E46 M3.

The ZHP got a little love yesterday. I have not had a chance to transfer the title for this thing yet. I need to get an emissions inspection test done and the car is not completing the OBD readiness monitors. I set out to perform a drive cycle and found the coolant temp is not getting hot enough. The car came with a thermostat so I went ahead and swapped that in. I usually use Wahler OE tstats, but the car came with a Behr so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Next tackled the crankcase vent valve. I had been getting some intermittent misfires and smoke on start-up and coupled with some high crankcase vacuum pointed towards the CCVV.

Good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I've been driving the car and enjoying it over the last couple of months with no real issues. I have another track weekend coming up this weekend and since I didn't have anything to stress over I decided to change the interior color. lol

I love beige when it is new, but in Texas at least, it doesn't age well. I have a black sedan parts car that was used for a 3L swap in a buddies touring. So in it will go. Plan is all the black fixings and M3 front seats.

The seller sold the car stating the A/C needed a recharge. While that was true t needed a recharge because the evaporator was leaking. I took this opportunity to swap out the evap as well and that allowed a proper color change with the complete black carpet being installed with the heater case removed. If you pull the blower cover off the front of the case, which can be accessed from the engine compartment. You can look into the case and see a lot of the evaporator. More often than not when you have a leaking evap dirt and debris will build up in the center of it. If you have dye in the system you can often times see it through the opening as well.

The bad evap.

The replacement, I just parted out a 67k mile M3 for a race car build and it had this very fresh looking evaporator, so in went the entire case.

The rest of the to do list is the following:
    Mount and install new tires on 17" Arc-8s
    Install Schroth Harnesses
    Install AiM Solo DL data logger
    Install Aux input
    Install new cowl trim

Good stuff, good list

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Sounds good ! I'm in for interior pics when you are done.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast