Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Pro Tip as they say:

When replacing the vapor barrier you need to get a firm adhesion of it to the butyl cord. I clamp onto an old idler pulley with a pair of vice grips to make a nice strong roller, cheap and very effective, I've been using this exact setup for a decade.

Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Wow, I didn't realize how long its been since I updated this project. I haven't been on the forum much lately as the shop is so busy, but I am intending to sell the car and noticed I never finished the interior swap documentation.

The car has been "done" for sometime now and I have just been driving and enjoying it. *Note, I do have the headrests, I just don't run them as I rarely have passengers and like the added visibility without them in.

Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
    *Note, I do have the headrests, I just don't run them as I rarely have passengers and like the added visibility without them in.
    Yooo I do this too! Love the extra visibility. I just keep the headrests under the trunk mat so that if heaven forbid I do have passengers back there one day, I can protect them from death by whiplash if we get rear-ended.

Hope this one sells super fast, like your black ZHP. GLWS.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yooo I do this too! Love the extra visibility. I just keep the headrests under the trunk mat so that if heaven forbid I do have passengers back there one day, I can protect them from death by whiplash if we get rear-ended.
    Lol, you are a better person than me, I just keep them in the trunk so I won't loose them

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Hope this one sells super fast, like your black ZHP. GLWS.
    Thanks Alfredo, me too!

Well the time has come for me to update this thread as the ZHP is about to be for sale. I've been talking about selling it for awhile now and not for any other reason than I have too many cars and I just dont drive them much at all, I have probably put 500 miles on this car this year. I really hate to since this car is so well sorted, but it's the one that is "done" so it just makes sense. I need to "finish" my Mustang, Track Wagon and maybe ZHP swap my daily driver 325iT so this will go towards those projects.

During the interior swap I found the rear seatbacks wouldn't unlatch properly. Tracing this down I found the cables were popping out of the latch mechanisms. I found that the E90 door latch lock rod holder was very similar. Installing that piece got the latches working properly.

Next, the mirror motors stopped working. I went through my parts cars and found couple of good motors.

Mafia member Fredo brought his ZHP by for some work and I had to get a pic with the pair (his in front).

I've never been very good with the cosmetics aspect of car restorations. I use all of my vehicles and since I have so many it would take to much time to keep them "perfect." But this car was due some exterior love. I have a buddy who is a detailer and had him work on the paint. At the same time I de trimmed all the black plastic and repainted it with SEM trim paint.

And trim refinished, it's not perfect, but looks really good on the car and most people wouldn't notice.

And on the way home from detailing had to get a quick pic. I have my SSRs on it right now as I was having the 135s refinished.

Sorry to hear this one needs to go. I'm pretty sure the new owner will be very happy. GLWS.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Well she's done.

I finished installing the trim and got the refinished style 135s on. Changed the engine oil and filter and replaced the strut mounts. Fixed a couple interior trim items and now it's time to find a new home.

Asking $8900 OBO

For Sale my 2004 BMW 330i 6MT ZHP sedan. The exterior color is Imola red and the interior is black leather. The car has just over 161k miles and I do drive it still so the mileage will go up a slight amount. I've owned the car for just under 2yrs and have put roughly 6k miles on it. I have a few other cars and I just don't drive them as much as I would like so I am letting some go. Everything works like it should, but the aftermarket radio acts up occasionally.

Under my ownership I have thoroughly sorted this car, it runs excellent, drives great and most importantly doesn't leak any fluids. I wouldn't hesitate to drive anywhere. Below is the list of maintenance I have done to it since I bought it.

New All (3) differential mounting bushings
    New Rear trailing arm bushings (RTABS)
    New Sway bar end links

New Front control arms
    New Front control arm bushings
    Rebuilt steering rack
    New Tie rods
    New Steering shaft coupler
    New P/S hose from tank to pump
    New P/S Hose from pump to rack
    New Front strut mounts

New Stainless steel brake lines
    New StopTech brake pads and rotors
    Bilstein (I believe PSS) coilover kit (from another car of mine, roughly 40k miles now)
    Refinished all (4) wheels

New Clutch
    New Shifter bushings and joint (all)
    New Shift shaft seal
    New Driveshaft Guibo
    New Transmission mounts
    New Clutch fork
    New Stainless steel pivot pin

New Engine mounts
    New Fuel filter
    New Oil pan gasket
    Safety wired oil pump nut
    New Exhaust manifold gaskets (at cylinder head)
    New Thermostat
    New Crankcase vent valve and hoses

New LF window regulator and vapor barrier
    New RR window regulator and vapor barrier
    New LR vapor barrier
    New A-Pillar screw covers
    New Lower B-Pillar covers
    New Rear door sill trim covers
    New Windshield cowl trim
    Used AL Headlights to replaced burnt ZKW
    Full Interior swap from beige to black
    Refinished the black exterior trim

Overall the car is in great shape, but there are a couple of issues cosmetically. The car does have a cracked windshield but does not affect visibility. There are a couple of small dents and dings and paint defects. The RF fender has been repainted, the front bumper has some a bit of damage on the bottom side (not easily visible from the front) and the paint is fading on the rear bumper. The front struts while they still compress and rebound nicely, they are starting to weep past the seals.

Clean blue title in hand, Asking $8900 OBO.

A million more pics posted here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/SmashAnd...77895358926713
    Last edited by GeorgeH; 07-09-2020 at 05:42 AM.

Last edited by GeorgeH; 07-09-2020 at 05:43 AM.

A little fun at MSR Cresson last summer, skip to 6:25.

https://youtu.be/ZArLUMPmw9Y

Note, that was on 17x9 wheels with RS4 tires and the aftermarket sway bars. A few months back I reverted it back to stock sway bars and wheels and used those on my track wagon project.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast