Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardie View Post
    Thats wild, I JUST replaced the whole system less than 200 miles ago.

On top of that I then replaced the CCV again but not the hoses and still having the same issue when this happened.

Adding a check valve in the CCV dipstick tube would rule that out?
    I don't think that is your answer. From what I understand, if enough mayo builds up inside the CCV diaphragms it can cause intake vacuum to be diverted to the dipstick tube drain hose. That condition will suck oil directly out of the dipstick tube.

1. First, you should probably make sure the dipstick tube is not clogged with gunk.
    2. Then maybe you should be checking for vacuum on the dipstick tube drain hose? There should not be any. Disconnect the hose and connect to a vacuum gauge. Cap off the nipple on the dipstick tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    I don't think that is your answer. From what I understand, if enough mayo builds up inside the CCV diaphragms it can cause intake vacuum to be diverted to the dipstick tube drain hose. That condition will suck oil directly out of the dipstick tube.

1. First, you should probably make sure the dipstick tube is not clogged with gunk.
    2. Then maybe you should be checking for vacuum on the dipstick tube drain hose? There should not be any. Disconnect the hose and connect to a vacuum gauge. Cap off the nipple on the dipstick tube.
    I have a hard time believing the CCV diaphragms have filled up with one start time when the car was in the garage for the week after I replaced it. I cleaned the dipstick out a month ago when I did the CCV the first time, however I will take it out and look again.

So disconnect the hose from the dipstick side of things and pop in a vacuum gauge on that hose coming out of the hose running down to the dipstick correct? I will need to pick up a vacuum gauge and I will try getting that done this week.

I did a compression test as well, the numbers were alright. Only cylinder 2 was down on compression and that may be due with some oil in the cylinder. Everything else was within 5-10% of each other. Cylinders were around 160-170 PSI. #2 was around 140-145.

I guess it's possible you have a defective CCV.

Oil in #2 cylinder would raise compression. It helps seal the rings. A large quantity of oil would also raise compression because you would be adding volume to the cylinder...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12