Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    True. Car feels like it is breathing better today though. The butt dyno doesn’t lie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

What’s the HP increase with those?

I was thinking about Maxbore when that time comes.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Probably 5 or so. I’m looking at it as part of a whole - the tb, intake and exhaust, along with a tune should be good for a decent bump.

The biggest bang for the buck would be headers but I’m not sure I want to go there yet. I feel like dinan parts are pretty safe in terms of value retention for a low mileage car like this. Dinan doesn’t make headers.

I had that same setup on my car: Dinan TB, CAI, stage 3 tune and ZHP exhaust. When I put the headers on it, it really came to life. They made a huge difference and it was barely any louder. The car was damn near perfect at that point. If I had to do it again, I don't know if I would do the TS2
    The hardest part was having the secondary O2 sensors and the SAP coded out without affecting the Dinan tune. Fortunately, I was able to find someone that did it for me.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Some thoughts on dynavin n7:

Not too impressed overall.

I like the oem look of the hardware, which was the primary reason for the purchase. I debated an OEM retrofit , but it is a bigger project, and more money, for 2000’s era obsolete technology.

I had the n5 and the n6. I was expecting more of an interface update. The n7 unfortunately has a similar wonky UI.

It is nice to have modern wireless technology however in a 2003 car.

The jury is out if I will retain this or go back to Factory head unit with a grom or similar.

Some thoughts on the sprint booster:

Very impressed. The latest version has two modes: sport and race. Each mode has several levels within.

The impact of this neat little electronic module has on the responsiveness of the car is pretty incredible. The car feels incredibly faster while engaged. You turn it off and the car feels notably less responsive, almost like a booster car feels with turbo lag.

I don’t know if it is in fact a result of a quicker throttle by wire signal as they advertise or the module tricks the car to increase the throttle under lighter pedal engagement. Either way, very worth a few hundred dollars in my opinion!

Also ordered a new sunroof panel through Tischer BMW today. I didn’t want to keep tinkering with the clips. For $250, I can drop the new part in and be done with it.

Last post for the night is a question to the group:

Does anyone have experience having touch up paint wet sanded / detailed off of the car? As you can see in the BAT listing, the original owner had applied touch up to a few rock chips / very light surface scratches.

The car has not had any paint / body work. I’d like to keep it that way if it can be avoided. But as you all know with my BMW ocd, the touch up spots need to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I had that same setup on my car: Dinan TB, CAI, stage 3 tune and ZHP exhaust. When I put the headers on it, it really came to life. They made a huge difference and it was barely any louder. The car was damn near perfect at that point. If I had to do it again, I don't know if I would do the TS2
    The hardest part was having the secondary O2 sensors and the SAP coded out without affecting the Dinan tune. Fortunately, I was able to find someone that did it for me.
    Sorry, this is the last post lol...

Nice setup for sure! Which headers did you use? If I were to do them, it would probably be super sprint.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast