Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP 6-Speed on BaT - 51k miles

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Amherst, NH
    Posts
    247

    2004 BMW 330Ci ZHP 6-Speed on BaT - 51k miles

    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Nice looking example on BaT. Auction ends in 4 days

    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-bmw-330i-zhp-18/
    - Pete
    [SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    As always, the comments are fascinating/informative/stupid/snarky all at the same time. The one that caught my eye though was this...

    "My mystic blue/nat brown sedan will be up here in the next few weeks."

    By ZHP production record that car is 1 of 14 in that combo if a manual. 1 of 4 if an automatic. Hoping for manual of course.
    '03 ZHP
    Apex, NC

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    22841
    Posts
    9,122
    Quote Originally Posted by RPM ZHP View Post
    As always, the comments are fascinating/informative/stupid/snarky all at the same time. The one that caught my eye though was this...

    "My mystic blue/nat brown sedan will be up here in the next few weeks."

    By ZHP production record that car is 1 of 14 in that combo if a manual. 1 of 4 if an automatic. Hoping for manual of course.
    This will be the car



    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

    His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

    Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

  4. #4
    Distinguished Auto Group is going to be auctioning his manual mystic/nb ZHP. I have had conversations with him regarding the purchase of his ZHP but he wasnít ready to let it go when I reached out to him. Itís a beautiful color combo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    40
    Something really fishy going on with this car probably accounts for current low bid price.

    Per the Carfax record, car starts out in MD, nothing remarkable until the following sequence of events:

    7/3/14 35,450 “Engine checked” at the dealer.
    9/24/15 36,831 Engine checked at different dealer (car was driven 1,400 miles in 14 months)
    A month later it appears the car was sold to new owner in TX
    A year & 5,000 miles go by.....
    10/5/16 43,666 oil change reported. This begins a pattern of frequent oil changes reported - a total of 7(!) oil changes are reported in 9 months and 3,500 miles until 7/13/17 47,147 miles. At this point the car is sold again, moved to FL where it is sold again to current owner.

    Now, I suppose there could be a reasonable explanation for this, it could be a great car, it’ll be interesting to see what it ultimately goes for. I’d be leery given the questionable history.

  6. #6
    Seller is a member here. Perhaps heíll chime in!?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    Seller is a member here. Perhaps heíll chime in!?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Previous, new at the time, owner was unschooled in E46's. Lot's of short trips in winter, mayo on the oil cap & freaked out and changed the oil once a month? That would be the glass-is-half-full explanation.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
    Previous, new at the time, owner was unschooled in E46's. Lot's of short trips in winter, mayo on the oil cap & freaked out and changed the oil once a month? That would be the glass-is-half-full explanation.
    Is that hypothetical or do you know something?

    Frequent, short, winter trips, so what- condensation? Mayo? Again, I live in the northeast and it gets cold, and Iíve done frequent short trips and have never seen anything under the oil cap that looked remotely like mayo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by A1Gio2 View Post
    Is that hypothetical or do you know something?

    Frequent, short, winter trips, so what- condensation? Mayo? Again, I live in the northeast and it gets cold, and Iíve done frequent short trips and have never seen anything under the oil cap that looked remotely like mayo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Purely hypothetical. The frequent oil change oddity was addressed in the comments on BAT but not answered. Probably no way to find out why something was done 2 owners ago. Does make you wonder.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,220
    Quote Originally Posted by A1Gio2 View Post

    Frequent, short, winter trips, so what- condensation? Mayo? Again, I live in the northeast and it gets cold, and I’ve done frequent short trips and have never seen anything under the oil cap that looked remotely like mayo.

    Consider yourself lucky.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 BMW 330ci ZHP 6 Speed Manual 125k Miles $8200,
    By ELCID86 in forum BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale (vehicles only)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2015, 07:27 AM
  2. FS: 2004 330Ci ZHP Coupe 6-Speed Sapphire Black, NB, 95k miles $12,900
    By jsfbmw in forum BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale (vehicles only)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:51 PM
  3. (SOLD) FS: 2004 BMW 330ci ZHP 6 Speed Coupe - 87k miles - $12500 (San Diego, CA)
    By dotslashapex in forum BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale (vehicles only)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 04:53 AM
  4. FS: 2004 BMW 330CI ZHP Imola Red/6 SPEED, 103,600 miles - $13500, Spruce Pine, NC
    By ELCID86 in forum BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale (vehicles only)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 02:15 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 02:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •