Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Does it go away after it warms up or is it always there
    No, unfortunately it does not go away.

I would think that it would throw a code for that...
    I just listened to it again and I swear it sounds like a massive exhaust leak.. Can you make another video clip giving it a little throttle and letting off?
    When it first appeared, what exactly happened and what were you doing? (accelerating, decelerating cruising...)
    I will try and make another video later, but here’s more info,I was driving to work and I noticed that the clutch wasn’t engaging, like it was missing from time to time when I was driving for that 40 minutes in to work. I thought I was going to be in trouble on my way home but nothing happened until I got to my subdivision and I wasn’t driving it hard at all, something just felt like it popped and started making this noise. It’s been there ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtownwolfpack View Post
    I will try and make another video later, but here’s more info,I was driving to work and I noticed that the clutch wasn’t engaging, like it was missing from time to time when I was driving for that 40 minutes in to work. I thought I was going to be in trouble on my way home but nothing happened until I got to my subdivision and I wasn’t driving it hard at all, something just felt like it popped and started making this noise. It’s been there ever since.
    That changes things... sounds like you may have lost some of the friction material off the clutch disk or a failure with the pressure plate... so hard to diagnose from a chair in front of a PC. You said you had a loss of power, was the car revving but not moving as it should? That would be clutch slippage...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

That changes things... sounds like you may have lost some of the friction material off the clutch disk or a failure with the pressure plate... so hard to diagnose from a chair in front of a PC. You said you had a loss of power, was the car revving but not moving as it should? That would be clutch slippage...
    If it's the clutch, would it make this noise while it's on neutral and just idling? Possibly? I just had the clutch replaced last year, although i put a lightweight aluminum flywheel with a standard clutch. Could that be the problem. The pressure plate is worn out?

That sounds like an exhaust leak to me. It's loud on the manifold side where the exhaust is. I would check all components in there (such as that valve thing that's near the SAP), make sure spark plugs are seated all the way, ensure there aren't leaks in the manifold, O2 sensor tightness, etc.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

+1 on Exhaust leak

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That sounds like an exhaust leak to me. It's loud on the manifold side where the exhaust is. I would check all components in there (such as that valve thing that's near the SAP), make sure spark plugs are seated all the way, ensure there aren't leaks in the manifold, O2 sensor tightness, etc.
    +1 to this. Especially the spark plugs. I've seen this same sort of thing caused by a spark plug that had blown out of the head and was just resting there, bouncing against the compression.

Hi Guys,

I finally had the time and the weather had been warm enough to diagnose this problem I have. Thanks again for all the help, you guys are awesome!! So after checking out a few dog the things that you guys suggested, first the exhaust leak, which I checked first and couldn’t find any leaks. So next I went to the other suggestion that a spark plug may have come loose and lo and behold that was exactly the problem!! I was so excited to find out that it was only the spark plug. Easy fix right?? Just replace it and everything is good! Wrong!!!! I was a dummy assuming it was an exhaust leak that throughout winter, I kept starting the car every so often and let it warm up. What I didn’t realize was the spark plug was loose and kept ramming back and forth against the opening. This caused the threads of the head to strip. Needless to say, I had to do a helicoil installation, once I finally got the right tool of which by the way, you need the long spark plug repair kit, $40.00 on debay. Everything went smoothly. Just used some grease on the tap so as to limit the shavings that goes inside the head. Once I see Natalie’s the helicoil with a little bit of high heat thread sealant, everything else was a piece of cake and it started right up! Thanks again to all of you for all your suggestions, it definitely made diagnosing it so much faster. Just wanted to let you guys know in case someone runs into this same problem.

Dtownwolfpack

Glad to hear it worked out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12