Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

The pulley sound

I noticed the squeaking pulley sound from my car while I was in a parking lot, I haven't really looked at it too closely but I'm guessing from the sound that I'm going to have to replace one or more of the pulleys. Is this something that is easily DIYable or should I just let the mechanic handle it? Also if I do send it to the mechanic what should I expect it to cost?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The belt pulleys are an easy DIY. Do both and a new belt at the same time.

Great time to do water pump while you are there.

The pulleys were fairly cheap.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...+Idler+Pulley+
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Buy a mechanic's stethoscope to help identify what pulley is making noise if you are not planning on replacing all of them at once. They are super cheap and very useful.

Belts are very easy to do, and should only take like 10 mins. I have a spare of each belt if you want a good deal on them, I could hook you up. The main serpentine belt is Continental and the smaller AC belt is Genuine BMW. PM if you need, if not I'll keep em on my shelf for later down the road.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Buy a mechanic's stethoscope to help identify what pulley is making noise if you are not planning on replacing all of them at once. They are super cheap and very useful.

Belts are very easy to do, and should only take like 10 mins. I have a spare of each belt if you want a good deal on them, I could hook you up. The main serpentine belt is Continental and the smaller AC belt is Genuine BMW. PM if you need, if not I'll keep em on my shelf for later down the road.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    I already ordered everything, should be here Thursday. I'll check em once I get everything taken apart and I'll probably just replace all three pulleys and both belts so I don't have to worry about it for awhile. Thanks though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk