Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleBlackZHP View Post
    how long did it take for your CEL go away after installing a new MAF?
    I used an OBD2 scanner to clear the codes when I replaced the MAF. Before I had replaced the MAF I tried clearing the codes several times but they always returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    I used an OBD2 scanner to clear the codes when I replaced the MAF. Before I had replaced the MAF I tried clearing the codes several times but they always returned.
    That's good to know, I've tried clearing my P0172 and P0175 codes and it does't let me clear them at all, CEL just stays on.
    2006 - black sapphire metallic - convertible - 6 speed manual

So I’ve finally solved this problem, and long story short, thankfully it was just a lower intake boot (hooray!). It had a finger sized hole on the smaller tube that connects to the idle control valve(maybe why I got a rich code not a lean). I had a local BMW dealership diagnose the CEL ($200) because I was getting my airbag recall done anyways (that was free), BMW offered to do the repair for around $300 but since I can wrench got the part for $30(OEM part) online and saved myself some beer money. Engine light was cleared and it has been off for a few weeks. I've noticed the car feels smoother in first and second gear, and has more torque at lower RPM.. I started this thread a while ago but parts ordered online took forever to show up. I didn't originally suspect the intake boot because I had an e46 325ci with similar P0171 and P0174 (lean) codes and it was also caused by a ripped lower intake boot so kinda weird. Anyways if you get P0172 and P0175 CELs it maybe an air leak in the intake boots.
    2006 - black sapphire metallic - convertible - 6 speed manual

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12