Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Key Fob Battery Replacement

Does anyone know of a place that will replace the battery in the key fobs? One of the Fobs for my ZHP is completely dead and the other one is now starting to go. I have the lock cover on the drivers door so I am afraid of getting locked out.

2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA
    The page you linked directly states in the first line:
    "This is not a key fob battery replacement service! This is a key fob repair service for keys that no longer start the engine and remotes that no longer work."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
    Does anyone know of a place that will replace the battery in the key fobs? One of the Fobs for my ZHP is completely dead and the other one is now starting to go. I have the lock cover on the drivers door so I am afraid of getting locked out.
    There are DIYs out there that show you how to replace the battery. Here is the one I had bookmarked for when I was going to do it, but haven't had to yet.
    https://www.youcanic.com/guide/bmw-k...ry-replacement

And as far as getting locked out - you could just remove the cover to expose the keyhole.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The page you linked directly states in the first line:
    "This is not a key fob battery replacement service! This is a key fob repair service for keys that no longer start the engine and remotes that no longer work.".
    I know. The point being, how did the OP determine that the fob needs a battery?
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I just talked to Scott and he says the batteries never need to be replaced.. Has anyone else had to replace the battery?

How about just ordering a new key?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
    I just talked to Scott and he says the batteries never need to be replaced.. Has anyone else had to replace the battery?
    I seriously doubt the batteries never need to be replaced. Just due to the nature of how batteries work, that alone says they will need to be replaced eventually. They do last a really long time though; the battery in my 2001 E39's fob is original and still works fine.

I would recommend removing that keyhole cover and testing both keys to make sure they open the car, as well as start the car. If that portion is working, then it's probably just your remote that's dead. As to whether it's the battery or the remote circuitry, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    How about just ordering a new key?
    That's a pretty expensive solution to a cheap problem.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

That's a pretty expensive solution to a cheap problem.
    Part Number: 66126955748
    Cost: $166

Not that bad actually

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I seriously doubt the batteries never need to be replaced. Just due to the nature of how batteries work, that alone says they will need to be replaced eventually. They do last a really long time though; the battery in my 2001 E39's fob is original and still works fine.
    The battery is rechargeable, and whenever it is in the ignition it charges, but even rechargeable batteries wear out. My 530's fob stopped working after a while... I was lazy and just used the key to unlock until I sold it, but there is a way to cut open the fob and replace the battery. There are a few YouTube videos on this.
    -Chris

The door lock works fine and both keys start the car. I resynced and got on of the fobs working but the one I never use still isn't working. I thought it might be the battery as this was the issue will my old 330 coupe and the dealer charged me $200 for a new key and the symptoms were similar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast