Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suspension Refresh Needed

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but hope all are doing well.

I have a loud and annoying "clunk" going on in the front drivers side suspension. I have also noticed a sharp pull to the right when the steering wheel is at 12 oclock. During my most recent oil change when I had the car up on ramps, I got under there to inspect. It definitely looks, how should I say, well aged...it may be original. Currently at 177+k miles.

So I am looking at a suspension refresh kit and have all but settled on this FCP euro package:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...zhp8piecekit-l

I would like to upgrade struts as well (PO put some Monroe junk on) but they are so new (less than 15k miles) that I don't know if I can justify the purchase at this point in time.

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated. Want to make sure I'm not missing anything for a basic front suspension refresh.

Thanks!
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Hey. Welcome back! Not a suspension guy, but this looks good. Someone else might chime in. Maybe replace the monroe's with an OEM set that someone is selling cuz they bought an aftermarket one. GL!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

LEMFÖRDER, Moog & TRW make some good parts so that package is a good choice. There might be some problems with the installation of the strut on the "clunk" side - loose top nut, bad upper strut bearing. There are a number of suspension refresh threads in this section. Have you checked these out? Good luck!
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...on-Refresh-Kit
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...miles-10-years
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-for-a-refresh
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ront-and-Rear)
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...nce-Suspension
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Welcome back my OG brotha from anotha mutha. I follow curves’ refresh thread for anything I may need.

I went with the koni FSDs (when they were still FSDs) and I absolutely love them. I’m pretty sure the new red ones would be basically the same.

How is the OG doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you are going to be there, I suggest replacing the front shocks as well. If you decide to go the OEM route (Sachs), check the prices in rock auto.com
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks guys. I think I may do FSD for the front struts and leave the Monroe shocks out back. I had FSDs on my old ZHP and really liked em.

I know for sure the end links and tie rods need to be replaced which is why I like that kit I linked.

Otherwise she's doing well. Continues to consume oil, but I've all but accepted it at this point. I just top it up with Rotella when it gets low.
    --Wes--

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    Thanks guys. I think I may do FSD for the front struts and leave the Monroe shocks out back. I had FSDs on my old ZHP and really liked em.

I know for sure the end links and tie rods need to be replaced which is why I like that kit I linked.

Otherwise she's doing well. Continues to consume oil, but I've all but accepted it at this point. I just top it up with Rotella when it gets low.
    While I have yet to do this myself, the "02 pilot mod" seems to be fairly promising for oil consumption issues.. Not sure if any other members can vouch for or against this but worth taking a look at. Just Google it and a few videos and threads should pop up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

02Pilot Mod does work. It reduced my consumption quite a bit. Don't have the exact numbers on hand.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    02Pilot Mod does work. It reduced my consumption quite a bit. Don't have the exact numbers on hand.
    Good to hear! Quick question.. Did you put a check valve on the ccv hose like what the 50skid did in his video? Reason I ask is I already did my ccv system a few months ago and don't wanna take it all apart again.. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

just read up on the 02Pilot mod. seems like a nice fix, but i am nowhere near experienced enough to try a DIY like that on my own. anyone want to come to Houston and help?
    --Wes--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast