Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tomnobes View Post
    Good to hear! Quick question.. Did you put a check valve on the ccv hose like what the 50skid did in his video? Reason I ask is I already did my ccv system a few months ago and don't wanna take it all apart again.. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Nope, simply ran a vacuum line from the rear of the manifold to the CCV. I no longer have that setup as I went the GAS route, but it was very easy and quick. I wouldn't worry too much about oil getting sucked into your intake manifold if you just want to have a quick test run to see if it makes any difference.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

so i finally got around to purchasing parts. went with FSD's up front/Koni yellows out back (couldn't find a complete FSD kit...weird). went with the FCPEuro refresh kit linked in the 1st post above.

question: i have the springs from my old zhp which have about 75k miles on them. current springs are believed to be original (178k miles). is there any benefit to swapping in the springs with lower miles? it's a "lifetime" part right? not sure if it would be a good preventive measure...
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    so i finally got around to purchasing parts. went with FSD's up front/Koni yellows out back (couldn't find a complete FSD kit...weird). went with the FCPEuro refresh kit linked in the 1st post above.

question: i have the springs from my old zhp which have about 75k miles on them. current springs are believed to be original (178k miles). is there any benefit to swapping in the springs with lower miles? it's a "lifetime" part right? not sure if it would be a good preventive measure...
    Did you look for the Koni Special Actives? They're the new FSD's. I don't know how well the different front/rear will ride. Yellows are nice and tight all the time while FSD's will let the big bumps fully compress the suspension.

No need to change out the springs unless you want to. They only fail if they rust and break.

i did not look at the actives. i figure the front suspension compliance from the FSDs is more of a benefit while the rear affords a bit more stiffness since the front is what bears the brunt of most impacts. i dunno it was kind of an impulse decision lol. i could be wrong/crazy.
    --Wes--

I would try to match the same shocks front and rear.

If you can't then go koni yellow or koni active

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    I would recommend also changing the shock mounts (plus reinforcement plates if concerned with mushrooming).

Yes I bought the full mounting kit and hardware including the mounts and reinforcement plates.

Vas why do you say that?
    --Wes--

Well, you have to take off the springs anyway so what not go with lower miles if they are the same?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I would recommend FSDs on all 4 corners. ECSTUNING has them available. I just installed them in my ZHP. They ride better than a new 3 series.
    1980 320i - Kashmir Metallic - Sold in 1993
    1985 535i - Cosmosblau Metallic - Sold in 1995
    1985 535i - 1985-06 - Delphin Metallic - Sold in 2016
    1983 320i - 1982-09 - Kashmir Metallic - Currently own!
    2004 ZHP - 2003-08 - Titanium Metallic - Currently own!

well in the essence of time i went ahead and installed the FSDs in the front and Yellows in the rear. i am happy with the outcome. car handles super tight and body motion is controlled 100x better than the cheapo Monroe shocks that were on the car before. i can tell slightly that the rear is a bit firmer than the front but it doesn't bother me as the difference is negligible. i kind of wish i had gotten some springs like the H&R touring cup but overall it's minor. i'm happy with the setup.
    --Wes--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12