Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

VF Supercharger Installed - Upper radiator hose

Hello gang - got my car back yesterday and was snooping under the hood and saw that the upper radiator hose are perilously close to the tensioner pulley and fan blades. slight abrasion on both sides. Imagine with the flex of the engine is causing.

Has anyone had to deal with this?
    Name:  sc1.jpg
Views: 700
Size:  204.1 KBName:  sc2.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  142.8 KBName:  sc3.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  157.4 KB

A shop did this install?

If that is the case I would be pissed. A ziptie should not be used to hold a radiator hose.

Also those hoses look like they are the incorrect ones. Factory ones don't use worm clamps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vas; 01-16-2019 at 03:59 PM.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

I agree with Vas. That’s not professional.

I would take it back, demand they fix it properly, and ask for a discount on your bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

And this is why I keep feeling obliged to do my own work whenever possible...
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

I took a look around and was more excited about the sound, etc. Overlooked the zip tie.

Its really tight in the engine bay now and the upper hose is part of the VF kit. While they have been making the kit for years, there are still many areas of improvement.

I have a hour drive to the shop and really hate to drive there again with the risk of blown hose. Racking my brain on how I can get an additional .1/2 of inch on the hose.

You can go from the mechanical fan to the electric fan.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    You can go from the mechanical fan to the electric fan.

yep, this works. easy swap.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs330ci View Post
    Hello gang - got my car back yesterday and was snooping under the hood and saw that the upper radiator hose are perilously close to the tensioner pulley and fan blades. slight abrasion on both sides. Imagine with the flex of the engine is causing.

Has anyone had to deal with this?

That looks like a classic case of "the radiator is not mounted properly". I had a similar issue, but with the expansion tank. It got really close to my drive belts, which eventually wore a hole through the tank. FCP Euro's warranty FTW, got a free replacement even though it was my fault. The radiator wasn't quite seated properly on the bottom lip that holds the radiator in, which caused everything to lean forward just enough to cause an issue. Bet your radiator isn't mounted properly!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

VF Supercharger Installed - Upper radiator hose

ESS TS2 has a similar problem with the supercharger drive pulley. Their solution was a new upper radiator hose that is essentially backwards and a bracket that keeps the hose away from the pulley.... It all came with the kit.
    I would look into BP suggestion first. I never had to pull the radiator or the expansion tank to install my SC but every kit is different.

A pic of the bracket. Hard to see in a phone but if you zoom in to the power steering reservoir, you’ll see it attached at the bottom

Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers