Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    So I got her car last week to do a very overdue oil change. I was busy as shit with work so delayed everything a month.
    The oil change was well super easy. No problems there

Of course, everything can't be that easy, it wouldn't be a DIY if you didn't find some problems. I took the time to check her tires. MY GOD The driver's side front, was on the cords, totally explains why it was making weird sounds when I make U-turns. The 2 rears are like super low tread. When I did the oil change, it was supposed to rain in 2 days. That's not good lol

I only have pictures that I sent SamBam of the 2 nails on the same tire.

The bad news? The PS4S in her size are on backorder until mid-February at the earliest So, I decided to deal with it later lol We'll come back to this in a minute

While her car was up, I took time to do something else. Not sure if I mentioned this in the thread yet, but I put my plan for the exhaust tips in motion. I "stole" them. See if she notices, so she can "replace" them

Let's see if she notices
    I also took off her teeth, it was on the car for all of November lol

Then swapped out her battery. For some reason the one in her car dies like super quick. It's been barely able to start the car for like a year now. Couldn't get BMW to warranty it while under warranty cause they said it starts the car still so it's fine. It didn't cost that much, like $20 more than what an interstate would cost, so we just replaced it with a brand new BMW one.

I only have a picture of the old one for some reason?

OK, back to the tires. So, I just had EAS order them for me and just let me know when they came in. In the meantime, I had a set of ZHP wheels with decent tires that I wasn't using. I told them to just swap those over to the M240i wheels. It's safer for now. I'm sure it will last the next couple of months.

Donor wheel/tires (already unmounted)

Oh yeah, on the way to EAS, the car loss tire pressure on the driver's front lol I was like 200 ft away so I was like, I can make this lol Talk about cutting a close huh?

Here's Alex getting the car up, only to struggle with taking the tires off for awhile. He earned his THH sandwiches lol

Got home, and her xmas gift came. It was her eyeshade. I opened it up, took a picture then wrapped it up. She picked the design and color scheme. The iris colors match the blue brake calipers. I didn't take a great pic. It'll look better on the car.

Look at my wrapping skills :lol:

And finally, last mod of the year. I finally got her aluminum trim for the interior. This is what we were originally looking for when looking for the car, but couldn't god damn find one in inventory. The closest we could get was the fineline wood trim one. It looked fine, but I knew I'd change it one day.

I did not take a before picture

Looks good. I bought it off a guy on reddit lol I think he posted about wanting to sell a set and I was like, hmm...I'm looking to buy a set lol

Happy Holidays!

Looks great and nice work. Tires on this platform last 25K to 35K miles depending on tire type and use.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Old good ZHP saved the day. I hear it every day that a lot of things on the backorder. It sucks.
    The teeth on the grill looked mega!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

good stuff. i recognize that lift.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Our Estoril Blue II F22 was ordered with Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings & Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips. Doesn't have the larger center trim piece with blue "hockey stick" upkick above the glovebox - that's a nice accent.

Name:  image-3.png
Views: 257
Size:  816.9 KB

Name:  image-7.png
Views: 320
Size:  1.40 MB
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Nice work. Is that dry rot on the corner of that tire or is that just regular wear?

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    Old good ZHP saved the day. I hear it every day that a lot of things on the backorder. It sucks.

Back in spring, when I was looking for new General tires I ended up cancelling the order because the rears were on backorder. I found them somewhere else, but it kind of looked like I got them just in time. It's probably best plan to order tires in advance if you need them within a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Looks great and nice work. Tires on this platform last 25K to 35K miles depending on tire type and use.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think we were at 39k when I did the oil change. I haven't checked on the car in a while since it was under the maintenance warranty and the last oil change was BMWs turn.

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post

Yeah. I bought M performance gloss grills for the 2 (gift for friend) and they literally said that I bought the last 2 that were in stock in the US. The driver's side had to be ordered like 3x because they kept sending the wrong one. The box has the correct part #, but the part was wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    good stuff. i recognize that lift.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Our Estoril Blue II F22 was ordered with Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings & Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips. Doesn't have the larger center trim piece with blue "hockey stick" upkick above the glovebox - that's a nice accent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38699[/ATTACH

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38700[/ATTACH
    Yeah I think because you have a Pre-LCI F22. But I think the CF trims for your car is cheaper if you ever wanted to go through route later. I didn't get why people would take off their aluminum trims for the CF one. They probably could have saved money by just getting wood trim lol

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    Nice work. Is that dry rot on the corner of that tire or is that just regular wear?

Back in spring, when I was looking for new General tires I ended up cancelling the order because the rears were on backorder. I found them somewhere else, but it kind of looked like I got them just in time. It's probably best plan to order tires in advance if you need them within a few months.
    I think it's just wear. The tires were really deflated too so the sidewalls were also fucked. I was like how was it this bad?

Yeah, I did the same for my tires for the E46. I think I ordered it June 2021. It didn't arrive until Oct 2021 lol

Yo, back again with a couple updates.

First up...

So, I went to swap cars and got to take some pictures of the eyeshade that I got SamBam for Christmas. I told her to send me pictures but noo So I got it myself lol Not the best quality but whatever. Took one with mines too lol One day, I'll get all 3 cars all lined up lol

Then next day, I did some basic maintenance that was much needed. Got new PIAA Si-tech wipers, cabin and engine air filters.

Ok next adventure…

So I was talking to this mobile detailer on reddit in January. Was just trying to get the guy to come out and do a wash + clay so that it could be prepped for coating.

I set aside a weekend to get it done, and then on day of, the fucker ghosts me. Fuck this guy. I'd post his details but he deleted them on reddit. Wasted like more than a half day, then when it felt like it wasn't happening, I was like fuck it. I'll do it myself lol

So I washed the car. Used a clay mitt on it. Stripped whatever stuff was on it. I also found a random long scratch that was on both sides of the car in different spots. I just hand polished the area so it wasn't too bad. I debated on actually doing a one step polish for awhile, but I was like screw it. I'll just put this coating (Meguair's Hybrid Paint Coating) on and see how long it lasts first Because if I were going to polish, it's probably better to go with something that is known to be more durable like Cquartz so I don't have to polish again for like a couple years. This coating, only supposed to last a year so I was lazy lol

I totally skipped the wheels because then it would be too much work lol But I was planning to do that whenever I get those exhaust tips.

Here's some pictures during process:

All the crap from claying, this was just from the rear bumper and side skirts

The paint coating process was ridiculously easy compared to a lot of the other brands. And since I only had to do 2/3 of the car, it was way faster than normal. The front has PPF and is already coated.

So I debated back and forth about coating the glass. This car has such small windows, that I just sucked it up and coated it too.

Finished:

Then when I finished that, I debated about the interior. God it's so dirty with all her dog hair in it. But I'm a masochist , so I vacuumed and coated the leather too lol I used a less permanent leather coating though because it lets me put it in pretty much everything on the car except the fabric. I don't have any pictures of that though

Here's a list of the products I used (included a couple coatings I used prior as well):

Exterior
    • CarPro DLux (plastic/high temp paint coating, was used on diffuser and flippers on lip. Plan to use it on chrome tips, wheels, and calipers later)
    • Carpro Eraser (strip polish/oils/etc)
    • Gtechniq HALO (coating for PPF/vinyl wrap)
    • Gtechniq Ultimate Glass care kit

• G1 Clearvision smart glass (the glass coating)
    • G2 Residue remover (required for application process)
    • G4 Nanotech glass polish (optional, but I used it so that the glass could be really clean)

• Koch-Chemie - Gentle Snow Foam (used as both pre-wash and the shampoo)
    • Meguair's Hybrid Paint Coating (painted surfaces)
    • Nanoskin Autoscrub Fine Grade Clay Mitt
    • Optimum No Rinse (diluted for clay lube)
    • Sonax Perfect Finish (for the two scratches)

Interior
    • Carpro Inside (used with brush to deep clean interior surfaces)
    • Gyeon Q2 Leather Coat (interior coating, applied to everything but fabric)

Honestly, if I were doing this again. I would totally do the glass coating first, then do the paint coating after. But because I didn't plan on doing the glass, it made it so much harder lol

And lastly…

Remember how I previously did something so that I could get SamBam to buy it? Well…it worked LOL

She bought the VRSF 90mm chrome tips. They are straight cut, single wall.

Getting them installed

Exactly what I wanted. It's subtle. I didn't extend it too far out so it looks factory.

I know, the car is filthy lol It just keep raining whenever I wanna wash the car. But I'll get to it soon while the exhaust tips are still clean.

That's all for now. Until next time…

JKO_ZHP wanted to take pictures. But both our cars were filthy lol This was the best picture of the day.

2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345