Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The ZHP is my DD for rain. The 550i is the nice day DD.

Mainly cause the ZHP is not black.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    My favorite piped in sound story was when @sockethead found out that the M2 was piping in highway drone through the speakers lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    My favorite piped in sound story was when @sockethead found out that the M2 was piping in highway drone through the speakers lol
    That is hilarious! I agree, electric cars are akin to watching a silent movie. It's not as invigorating when driving spirited, but the silence is welcomed when commuting in traffic.

As for the original topic, I think BMW did a great job with the e46 and it makes for a great DD.

This. 2020 Model S. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, over 600 mile range, 250+ mph.

https://www.tesla.com/roadster

I dig the ZHP though for sure. Test drove a bunch of MB, Audi, etc..... Nothing really compared to e46. As many have said, I just couldn't put my finger on it. Even the e91 we purchased was numb (comparatively), but we couldn't find a clean e46, and we weren't looking for a project.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

^ FYI. E91 is touring, E90 is sedan.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Wow. That Tesla... One please!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Hyundai Veloster N

I'll take one...of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I'm curious to know what makes your Model 3 a better DD than your E46. Exactly what E46 did you have?
    Obviously not my cup of tea, but, regardless of what e46 he had:
    -never having to go to a gas station
    -autopilot when you hit a traffic jam and don't feel like driving
    -acceleration
    -vastly decreased maintenance requirements
    -MUCH safer

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 2003 530i 5mt, 04 M3 wagon (with ZHP interior and exterior trimmings)
    Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car, 6mt NA RWD e91

Just about any E46 makes a good daily, especially if it has a 3.0L and a manual transmission. I don't like electric cars and I don't think I ever will. I enjoy fixing my car and maintaining it... owning something new and maintenance-free is boring IMO. My girlfriend has a Hyundai Elantra that she bought new a few years back and it's a miserable, soulless pile that never needs anything and never does anything beyond taking you from point A to point B.

I'll keep driving old BMW's every single day for as long as I can. Life's too short to drive a boring car on any day of the week.
    2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

I’m skeptical of the “maintenance-free” claims.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast