Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DSSR Install... and what else should I do while I'm in there?

In just a few short weeks, my chariot is going in for it's spring tune... oil change, flushes, clean/adjust the brakes, swap out the 44's for the 135's... and I'm installing my new DSSR that's been sitting in my glove box since Christmas! Thank god... Anyway, I wanted to ask, for anyone who's installed one before and been in there, what else should I replace? Are there any other bushings/rods/clips or joints that would need it at 115k mi.? When my shifter is in gear, I have considerable side-to-side slop that the DSSR is suppose to eliminate, but I figured while I have the exhaust down and the drive shaft out, might as well kill two (or more) birds with one stone... I want to get my shifter back as close to factory spec. as possible... so... fire away! Thanks.
    Stathi - don't forget, you gotta tell me what portion of your's you replaced with BBK components, because I don't think I've felt a shifter with better linkage and feel than your's...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...13&hg=25&fg=05

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

Replace your springs in the gates that cause the Sticky 5th Gear (I don't know if it applies to 6spd manuals).

And of course, CDV delete.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

spencers Guest
    Part #7
    Transmission fluid
    Inspect the guibo
    Inspect the center support bearing
    Last edited by spencers; 04-14-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Hey Channing!!

So, I would do CDV while you are in there, very easy and noticeable difference.

Now we talked about my shifter before, and honestly, not just because it is mine, but it is the best I have ever felt on anything including, all Ms from M3s to M6s and every generation, Porsches, S4s, Zs...it really is good. My dad had done UUC Evo ssk and DSSR on his M3 thinking it would be better than mine and in reality it wasnt. He was actually disappointed. The DSSR made a difference, but the Evo ssk didnt. I like UUC, but I think it kinda overrated. My B&M has felt the same since 26k and there is 60k on it right now. Hasn't loosened up at all! It has the perfect feel and throw...you felt it

This is mine, Channing: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-12...0-6-speed.aspx

If you have any questions, hit up my cell

UUC DSSR are overrated IMO. HIGHLY

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I had the Evo3 SSK in my e92. I liked it. Much shorter than stock. I did not do the DSSR.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I had the Evo3 SSK in my e92. I liked it. Much shorter than stock. I did not do the DSSR.
    I just hate that UUC tried to claim that their shifters didn't rust when there was clear proof that they did. There is a huge thread on bimmerforums about it.

Not sure if mine ever got rust. It probably didn't (I rarely let the car go outside).

Can someone post a link to the best diy instructions for CDV? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hillhucker View Post
    Can someone post a link to the best diy instructions for CDV? thanks
    23 below...

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...e-Issues-DIY-s
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast