Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Potential ZHP newbie in Arizona

Hello, everyone.

I've been bitten by the bug and have started my search for a ZHP. I've grown a little tired of my current car, a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I've always been a BMW fanatic but never owned one.

I prefer the classics but a late 80's 325is might just be a little too old. And late 90's and early 2000's M3's are being priced out of reach. So I've been looking at the early 2000's 3-Series. I love the E46 body style, preferably the sedan. The ZHP package adds just that little bit more to the 330i.

As you can imagine, I search Craigslist (via autotempest.com) and Autotrader on a daily basis. The Orient Blue looks great, but I wouldn't complain if I found one in Titanium Silver.

My Hyundai is an automatic but my ideal ZHP has a manual.

The toughest thing is finding one in the condition I would be happy with but not overpriced. I came close to landing one in Texas but another buyer was able to get to it faster. Note to self...be prepared to travel almost immediately if a car comes available.

I found this car but was concerned with the mileage and lack of maintenance records (the seller told me to check the CarFax he included in the listing).
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...803868397.html

There's this one too but from the damage shown, the rear bumper needs resprayed and at least the driver's seat needs reupholstered. I would think these two things could be as high as $1500 to repair.
    https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...790434103.html

Is it OK to contact sellers and let them know, in a nice way, that their cars need work and would they consider lowering the price? I don't really have a problem doing the work necessary (using the second car as an example) but with the repairs and mileage, I don't think it's worth $9K.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I hope to connect with some of you here. Thanks and have a good one!

Welcome, and good luck with your search!

Personally, I wouldn’t buy either of those. The one in San Diego is egregiously overpriced for the condition (bumper, possible MAF, seat, and I can almost guarantee that A-pillar dent cannot be removed 100% no matter what you pay) and something about the way the ad for the SanFran car is written bothers me (that steering wheel is not mint, no pictures of the sagging headliner/hood damage, claiming the 6MT is “rare”). I don’t know, I just feel like you can find something better for the price, but that’s just my opinion.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Yea, I thought the same thing. The seller in SanFran was really pushing me over email, saying he had many others who were interested. I told him to listen to other offers. I didn't want to hold up a potential sale.

GL with search. There are some good examples out there. Where in TX was the car you almost bought ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    GL with search. There are some good examples out there. Where in TX was the car you almost bought ?
    It was in Waco. A nice Mystic Blue with two-tone interior. Oh, well, hopefully there will be others!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome. I'm just about as new as you. Also searching. There are a lot of overpriced examples out there (in my opinion). And I talked to all the same ones you did. It is worth waiting, and that's what I'm going to do.

It did cross my mind to get an auto and add paddle shifters, which I saw has been done in this forum. That is intriguing because you can still "shift" but not deal with that in traffic. Decisions... Or get a low mileage auto and convert it (there are a lot of low mileage autos around me for cheap). More decisions...

Yea, I've thought about the transmission swap also. I would be interested in hearing from others who did this and the costs to do it.

Welcome. GL w search. Of course factor needed maintenance/corrections into your offer price, especially when backed up with numbers (price for repair).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Good luck! I had to come back to a ZHP after a 10 year break. Hope you find yours!
    Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
    HellrotDove Grey e36///M3 - RIP
    Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
    Alpine WhiteCoral RedAluminum f30 328i Sportline/6MT
    Imola RedBlackBlack Aluminum e46 330i ZHP/6MT

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Welcome. GL w search. Of course factor needed maintenance/corrections into your offer price, especially when backed up with numbers (price for repair).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, having quotes for repairs prior to making an offer makes sense. Even going as far as showing the quotes to the seller to prove I'm doing my homework.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast