Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So you're saying don't even look at it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I don't think anyone means to say not to look at the car. We're just saying beware to spend even less money on it because when there's smoke there's usually fire.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Not at all... check thoroughly is all I’m saying. You might be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

That's an assumption. My car has lived in salty states almost all it's life and the underside and body of this car is unbelievably clean, driven on average of 22k per year (driven year round) since it was originally sold.

I drove my E38 for 3 years in CT (bought new in FL and FL car it's whole life including now) and it has a rust bubble on the driver's door. All my brand new suspension components were corroded by the time I left. There wasn't a lick of rust before that, and all underbody bolts came off with normal hand tools and no PB blaster. After 1 winter no way. And my wife's 540i same deal. No chance a North East car doesn't have rust/corrosion. If you don't think so you haven't looked at a southern car

Edit: I was in Newington, CT. And I would take both cars to the heated car wash weekly and blast the undersides off in a feudal attempt to preserve them until we finished school and moved back to FL. No use. Whatever salt compound they use up there is incredibly corrosive.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
    $10K with 155K and rust? I'd just stop texting.
    I sold my coupe last April, 99k miles, immaculate condition, for $11k. This car is hideously overpriced IMHO.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

I appreciate everyone's input. Yes, I'm assuming the corrosion is probably worse than what I'm seeing in photos.

The seller did say he had it up on a rack and it was rust-free underneath. He even offered to do it again and take additional photos.

As some of you mentioned, the surface rust is easily corrected. But with the high miles also, the car is overpriced. It is confusing to me why sellers ask so much. I'm assuming they are trying to find a buyer who doesn't know any better.

I asked in another thread, "How do you tell a seller, in a nice way, that they are asking way too much for their car?"

Have a good night everyone!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amrozhp View Post
    I asked in another thread, "How do you tell a seller, in a nice way, that they are asking way too much for their car?"
    Simple. Break off all contact.

BTW the $11k '05 I mentioned selling? Florida & Arizona car its entire life. ZERO rust of any kind as a result. Plenty of good cars out there for reasonable money with better pedigrees. You might have to be patient but the right one will turn up.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Sellers obviously want to get whatever they can and almost always expect to accept less, and buyers are at liberty to offer whatever they want. It's called negotiation... no need to get panties in a bunch over it.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    I drove my E38 for 3 years in CT (bought new in FL and FL car it's whole life including now) and it has a rust bubble on the driver's door. All my brand new suspension components were corroded by the time I left. There wasn't a lick of rust before that, and all underbody bolts came off with normal hand tools and no PB blaster. After 1 winter no way. And my wife's 540i same deal. No chance a North East car doesn't have rust/corrosion. If you don't think so you haven't looked at a southern car

Edit: I was in Newington, CT. And I would take both cars to the heated car wash weekly and blast the undersides off in a feudal attempt to preserve them until we finished school and moved back to FL. No use. Whatever salt compound they use up there is incredibly corrosive.
    I live in Vermont where it only takes two years (if that)!

So you're saying don't even look at it?

I don't think he's saying that. Just that there may be more.

I don't let a little rust scare me on a ZHP. It's fairly prevalent and not too bad to sort.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12