Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Hybrid View

Opinions Needed: ZHP found but with rebuilt title

During one of my daily searches, I decided to expand my search to include ZHP's with automatic transmissions. I want a manual but I thought what the heck. As it turns out, there's more cars available with autos, with less miles, and seem in generally better condition. But that's another story.

When I search, I usually go through Autotempest but hit the button at the top to search Autotrader as well. A car popped up in Autotrader in my area. Added bonus...the listing says it's an auto but the car's a manual. But I read further and it has a rebuilt title. It is Imola Red and has close to 130,000 miles

The seller is a repair shop, that also sells cars. They are selling this ZHP for a customer (consignment).

The car was involved in a bad enough parking lot crash in 2016 that the insurance company at the time totaled it. Apparently the owner liked it so much that a local BMW dealer repaired the car for them and it's back on the road and now for sale. The damage was to the rear of the car (quarter panel and trunk).

There is no price listed in the Autotrader listing. But after looking further on the seller's web site, come to find out they want $11K for the car ($10,995 to be specific)!!!

Way too much, right? With a rebuilt title, shouldn't it be about half that?

So, now I'm not even sure I want to look at. Does the selling price seem fair? Don't walk but run away from cars with rebuilt titles?

I would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks. Thanks!

I would pass even if it was repaired properly. That's very pricey IMHO.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Yup, too high

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

That's an "I don't want to sell it" price... I agree, even without the title issue, that's pretty price high for the miles.
    Ron ///Man

'06 ZHP Coupe 6sp Sparkling Graphite
    '02 330ci SE46 Racer
    '03 330ci Endurance Racer

Quote Originally Posted by Ron///Man View Post
    That's an "I don't want to sell it" price... I agree, even without the title issue, that's pretty price high for the miles.
    This.
    I'm with Dane on this. Repaired well or not, a rebuilt title tanks the value.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yeah.... I wouldn't pay a dime over $5K for a rebuilt titled car.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'd pass, especially at that price. There's a handful of ZHPs that seem well taken care of in the classifieds here... and for far less, too. Nothing piqued your interest?

Way overpriced IMO, they're asking clean title, mint ZHP money for a car that's been crashed. It's one thing if a car has a rebuilt title due to mechanical damage (like a blown engine) or theft, but accident damage is a no-go for me unless the price is really low.
    2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread