Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First AutoX Event

Drove on Road Atlanta today. 2*20 minute sessions. Took it easy for the most part and had a lot of fun...I got black flagged once when I ate some dirt coming into a corner too hot. I am starting to understand the difference between "feeling" fast and actually being fast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 195k
    Paint chips | Current MIL: P0420 | Airbag Light | Poorly Sprayed Black Style 135s |Ugly Alcantara Steering Wheel | Trunk Squeak | Faded Shadowline Trim
    This car is not a peach. It is a precision instrument, and will be used as such.

Points 4 is tomorrow but I'm going to miss it. Need to figure out what's going on with my alignment. I know I need to press the RTABs in a bit more so that they protrude 2.5mm from the arm. I think they are at 6 mm now.

Paint chips | Current MIL: P0420 | Airbag Light | Poorly Sprayed Black Style 135s |Ugly Alcantara Steering Wheel | Trunk Squeak | Faded Shadowline Trim
    This car is not a peach. It is a precision instrument, and will be used as such.

Chased the alignment on the daughters car for a bit. Ended up replacing/refreshing all the bushings up front and getting a tailored alignment.

A bigger front sway bar and strut tower brace does wonders for the understeer.

The re11r tires made the car fully stick. Amazing what they did.
    Family that races together stays together
    2005 330Ci 6MT SGM (x2)

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Once I get the stock alignment dialed in, I'm getting summer tires.

I did go to the AutoX "Novice School" where it was just a full day of listening to the car, doing drills, etc. I'm getting close to being able to drive the car to the limit of the all-seasons and maintain that limit through the entire course.

I lose a bit of confidence in certain sections, but once I overcome that I'll be ready for the next level

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12