Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Took the opportunity during stay-at-home covid time to fix the A and C pillar trim. I used 3M Headliner Adhesive (38808) (link) as well as DAP contact cement (link).

Results are quite acceptable, especially for first time doing the job and reusing the existing fabric.

The car already feels less ghetto and less like an "old car." Next will probably be the exterior rain-gutter moulding rubber gasket (at the Hoffmeister kink) as well as the trim strip underneath the rear windows.

Also, glad to say the fuel pumps aren't leaking anymore.

Those pillars look really good. Nice to hear there's a positive side to the current situation.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

+1

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

^^ Thanks fellas.

It's been a while since last update, just a couple minor ones:

Installed the BlueBus in the ZHP. Replaced the factory TCU, and kept the factory "319" mic.

Before:

After:

And similarly for the m3.

Items removed: Parrot CK3000 Evo Bluetooth, with Connects2 Steering wheel harness, as well as the USASpec ipod integration with a Lightning to 30-pin connector.

Before:

After, no TCU tray so I just velcro'd it to a bracket where the CD changer would be:

I added a cheap usb cable to each one for ease of access for future firmware updates. $3.99 each at Microcenter, and they happened to have blue (a Hobson's choice since that's all they had at the time).

The BlueBus is awesome, and I can't thank Ted enough for developing it. The quality is fantastic and really brings the e46 into modernity. If he ever decides to develop a screened replacement for the head unit (like a Avin) with Apple CarPlay, and dash-cam and reverse-camera integration, I'd be all over it, too.

The USASpec and the Parrot setup in the M3 worked great, I never had any problems with it and didn't really need to replace it. Phone calls were clear, steering wheel buttons worked, and I didn't have problems having to plug-in for music streaming (I like to have my phone charging while in the car anyways). But when I saw Ted post in the old m3forums about developing a new solution I had to jump onboard and support his efforts and see what this is all about. So instead of one unit I ended up getting two. No big change for the m3 (besides adding a2dp streaming), but I'm happy to support and do enjoy it.

If someone wants the old set up, let's make a deal!

______

For some reason I thought my AC wasn't blowing that cold. I think it was my mind playing tricks. The AC in the m3 felt significantly colder so let's check it out.

I'm not sure what specification is, but I think it's sufficiently cold:

Now I have peace of mind - maybe having the temp confirmed will help the AC will feel colder now too. lol.
    ______

And last but not least, a gratuitous photo. I always love rear 3/4 shots, and I think it really shows the e46's clean lines and proportions:

That's all for now, hopefully I'll have something more substantial to report.

The rake always makes me think the ZHP is trying to show off its butt.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    The rake always makes me think the ZHP is trying to show off its butt.
    Lol.

The ZHPs ride about 1/2" - 3/4" lower than the M3, too.

Are you still on stock springs? Lately I've been wondering why I have such a big wheel gap in the front, someone mentioned that the sport version of Bilstein B4s have the spring seat welded on too high
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Maybe he's just running Z4 strut mounts.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Oooooh I knew about Z4M FCABs but not strut mounts. Just tried to do a quick search on E46F and didn't find much. Are they essentially the same with slightly less height in the rubber?
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Oooooh I knew about Z4M FCABs but not strut mounts. Just tried to do a quick search on E46F and didn't find much. Are they essentially the same with slightly less height in the rubber?
    The main advantage is that it's lower. Rubber height looks the same to me. Z4 mount left, E46 right:

Part number is Sachs 802 066. Might actually be a good solution for you if your B4s are a little too high.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast