Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    The main advantage is that it's lower. Rubber height looks the same to me. Z4 mount left, E46 right:

Part number is Sachs 802 066. Might actually be a good solution for you if your B4s are a little too high.

Huh that's pretty interesting. If I didn't need extra negative camber or had camber plates I'd definitely consider!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Huh that's pretty interesting. If I didn't need extra negative camber or had camber plates I'd definitely consider!
    Oh yeah I forgot you had camber plates now. It's not too late to get some lowering springs though. I'll be getting rid of my H&Rs soon... (wink)
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Oh yeah I forgot you had camber plates now. It's not too late to get some lowering springs though. I'll be getting rid of my H&Rs soon... (wink)
    What are you swapping in? If I were in the ContiUS I would probably be down to take them off your hands. The guy I bought my camber plates from was also selling a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs for $80 CAD, unfortunately that was already sold when I inquired about it

What are you swapping in?
    Eibach Pro Kit. I have Eibach sway bars so I need to match the springs. Been eyeing the Koni Special Actives for some time now. And then there's the 20% sale going on right now too. So close to pulling the trigger...
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Are you still on stock springs? Lately I've been wondering why I have such a big wheel gap in the front, someone mentioned that the sport version of Bilstein B4s have the spring seat welded on too high
    Yup, stock springs with Koni Yellows. I'm not sure about what's going on with the Bilstein B4. I've heard of people complaining about the gas charge pushing the ride heights higher, but I think that was in the B6 struts.

Maybe he's just running Z4 strut mounts.
    Nope, using Lemforder OE replacement strut mounts for the 330. Both cars are on Koni Yellow and stock springs.

The main advantage is that it's lower. Rubber height looks the same to me. Z4 mount left, E46 right:

Part number is Sachs 802 066. Might actually be a good solution for you if your B4s are a little too high.
    The ones I used look like the one on the right. There's photos in post #48 of this thread (link).

Just read through the whole thread, I love seeing a good resurrection! I appreciate your attention to detail and all the cleaning you did when refreshing the engine, it's extremely satisfying and pretty inspirational. I run a BMW specialty shop and don't always have the time to be as detailed with my customer jobs, so I'm enjoying it vicariously through threads like this. It's giving me some ideas for my 2003 330ci though

Kudos for doing the whole engine replacement in your garage/driveway, that's a real effort right there. I'm a little spoiled at this point with my shop, having a lift makes me not want to do anything without a lift, haha.
    2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

Thanks for the kind words, dannyzabolotny! I'm always motivated, inspired, and entertained by others' threads so it was my turn to document and contribute with this one. Working on jack stands in the driveway wasn't ideal (HOA started writing letters threatening me fines), but it's what I had to work with. Also, I had the luxury of a second car so I could take my sweet time with this and let my OCD run a bit, otherwise it wouldn't have been nearly as neat and tidy.

I haven't had to do much to the car, explaining the lack of updates. Just gas, wash, and drive - which I'm perfectly fine with. Lol.

Next time I'm in PHX area I'd like to check out your shop. Looks like you have quite the to-do list for your 330, I'll be following along!
    Last edited by Will; 08-26-2020 at 12:46 PM. Reason: edit for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Working on jack stands in the driveway wasn't ideal (HOA started writing letters threatening me fines)
    Ooooof hopefully they're off your back now. After reading all the horror stories on reddit I'm 99.5% sure I'll reject a future house purchased based off the fact that there's a mandatory HOA agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, dannyzabolotny! I'm always motivated, inspired, and entertained by others' threads so it was my turn to document and contribute with this one. Working on jack stands in the driveway wasn't ideal (HOA started writing letters threatening me fines), but it's what I had to work with. Also, I had the luxury of a second car so I could take my sweet time with this and let my OCD run a bit, otherwise it wouldn't have been nearly as neat and tidy.

I haven't had to do much to the car, explaining the lack of updates. Just gas, wash, and drive - which I'm perfectly fine with. Lol.

Next time I'm in PHX area I'd like to check out your shop. Looks like you have quite the to-do list for your 330, I'll be following along!
    I know all about that HOA life... I used to work in my driveway too and I got letters in the mail on a weekly basis. I wasn’t allowed to street park, have a car on jack stands, have a car without current registration, etc.

Next time you’re in the Phoenix area, shoot me a message! I’d be more than happy to show you my shop. It’s usually a bit of mess but I stay pretty busy. Right now I’ve got an E34 540i6 clutch job, E39 540i timing chain guide job, and an E28 535is brake job going on.

2003 Slicktop ZHP 330i - Maintenance Thread

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast