Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

PSA: BMWs new floating center caps do not fit ZHP wheels (36122455269)

Just letting everyone know. BMW just came out with new center caps that stay upright, kind of like the Rolls Royce center caps. I thought they were pretty subtle and neat so I ordered some. The various sources I found them at (one linked here) says the E46 is compatible, but I think that is only for the diameter. Our ZHP wheels seem to be too shallow for these to work. Since the caps have a thick weight behind them they bang into the wheel hub when you attempt to press them on. They are really neat, but Im not too broken up about it. Oh well. Save your money.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Wheels-T...122455269.html
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

What about apex wheels . I can run stock caps on them ... i wonder if they would work

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Your guess would be as good as mine. These seem to be pretty high quality caps. The weight on the back of the cap is pretty thick so you have to make sure you have enough room behind it for them to clip onto the wheel successfully.

Shame, as now my old caps look rather old and worn, haha I might order new stock caps just so I have something new there.
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

You gonna sell them ? Tempted to try them on

I am not sure just yet. I did send a message to bimmerworld explaining the situation. If they offer a refund for me to send them back I might do that.

I doubt it’s worth keeping them as I could always buy them again if I ever get another BMW

Thx for info. Keep us posted if they fit on apex

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

If you run spacers, would this be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    If you run spacers, would this be a problem?
    If that means it would give a little more space between the outside of the wheel and the hub then yes it might solve the issue.. I am not sure how big of a spacer you would need, though.

Can I test yours on my car? Lol you seem local.

We have to find out

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast