Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Holy crap, that all came out great. Now I need to go outside and detail my wagon...

Quote Originally Posted by racer2086 View Post
    This is really cool. I really dig the stock look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan High Flow Intake | BMW Perf. Glossy Black Grills | Body Color Reflectors | Debadged | DICE iPod Integration| Front Plate Delete

I'll have to add mileage and log this stuff to the first page, but about 500-1000 miles ago, I replaced all 6 coils with new Delphi ones from FCP in hopes that would take care of the 2800 rpm studder.

This is what the coil on plug #5 looked like vs #6. Definitely something going on there.

I pulled the plug, also, so I could clean the carbon off the plug.

Previously, I cleared engine adaptations, which seemed to take care of the studder issue until the adaptations readjusted and it slowly came back. So, I cleared the adaptations now when replacing the new coils and threw the plug and coils in. Wow! What a difference in the responsiveness. I didn't expect that at all. Honestly, the normal non-sprint booster throttle made me feel like the sprint booster was on. Now the car pulls great and feels legit fast with the sprint booster. BUT, the studder is back at the 2800 rpm and has thrown another code here and there for the bank 2 O2 sensor. Boo. Even after cleaning the MAF, no changes. So I'll probably get the DME flashed, as most have, once I get my other car running again, in case the worst happens.

More to come!
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Cleaned up the silver cube trim with a toothbrush, soap and water. You don't realize how dirty it is until you brush it, rinse it, and dry it. They really pop once cleaned. Not great pics sorry

Also picked up a set of AL and ZKW xenon headlights out of the JY along with the AL mounts. The goal was to swap the ZKW lenses into the AL lights with the metal reflectors and install halo rings at the same time. This project took a while just due to no free time, but once going it only took a day or two. Now the ZKW assemblies and AL lenses will be up for (cheap) sale.

Comparison of the mounts:

All the posts on the forums talk about changing the light adjustment and removing the whole assembly inside. You don't need to do that. For the ZKW lights, you don't even have to disassemble the ZKW lights or remove the outer lens to get the projector housing and lens out. Just remove the bowl, pop the bezel off, and then slide the projector out the back. You will probably need to remove the outer lens to get the bezel back on, but can get lucky without it. The AL lights are a little harder, as those projectors and lens won't come out the back, so the front cover has to come off, bezel off, and the lens assembly removed from the front. Then it's a simple swap of lenses after that. Installing the halo rings wasn't too bad either.

Reassembled with the angel eyes and new MM lenses:

Here is the cutoff without anything adjusted; sharp but messy:

They were pointing to the sky when I drove, so adjusted them down and kinda left/right. Problem is my driveway is a pretty decent incline and I don't have anywhere else to adjust them. Also don't know the specs for adjustment.

Here they are after some adjusting. They really light up the road now though. My biggest gripe is that the cutoff isn't parallel with the ground, as I expected, but slightly angled off parallel. Both lights are like that, and I don't know how to fix it. There's no tip adjustment, right?

And the AEs installed and wired with remote trigger to interior lights and normal trigger to ignition voltage:

Phone has a harder time with the bright lights in dimmer ambient lighting. Think it looks good though. Love this car
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original

Wow, that trim cleaned up nicely. You're right, it's hard to tell how dirty it was until it was clean.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567