Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Recovering sun visors

Hi,

Has anyone ever succeeded at recovering the e46/zhp sun visors? I'm looking at mine, it looks like its fusion bonded around all the edges, and at the mirror opening.

If it cant be done, is there another model that fits the e46, like the e90 sun visor that I can recover to match pillars and headliner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by phillipjfry; 02-28-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Found a link for a recovery video. I'll post it below. He's working on an E90 visor but the process may be similar with the E46. If all else fails, ECS and FCP sell new visors.

https://youtu.be/WqNdwkDb2O4

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Hi, thanks for the reply. I watched that one, that's why I'm curious about the e90 visors. I'm going to buy a set from a salvage yard just to see if they fit. I was also thinking about buying a set of e46. I'll cut them open and see how they are constructed. If all else fails, I'll pay a professional to recover them in my material so they look good.

I dont want to buy new, my visors are in great shape, they just won't match my new headliner and pillars. That's why I want to recover a set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

You're very welcome. And gotcha, that makes sense. Well, here's to seeing if the one's from the yard work!

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben