Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Thanks for all the input everyone, I agree. Gonna wait for the right one to come up - well documented is the most important thing for me. I’m looking for an auto sedan in Southern California - not afraid of higher miles at all. Would actually rather a higher miles example that’s had a lot of major things addressed (like cooling system and suspension work) than one that’s just over 100k that’s only had oil changes.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...805592268.html

Little south from you, but I think a way better example of the breed. Mileage and price about the same but condition is much better, has records, was garaged, and you can always haggle the price some.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...832270867.html

Lower price higher miles and comes with a lot of race parts. If it was a track car then it may need some maintenance to account for it.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...827085499.html

Dirt cheap because of the title but don't always jump to conclusion on salvage titles. I know there are people that walk away the second they see that, btu my car was considered "total" and it only took $2,300 to fix what was caused in the accident. My radiator was even damaged and my insurance company claimed it needed over $9,800 dollars in work. If there is proper documentation and photos, maybe something to consider, but only if that is there. I took over 400 photos, so I have that documentation lol.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...816275093.html

Little further south but around same price and mileage with tons of work done to it. You can tell the owner is more of an enthusiast and that this car was cared for.

Anyways, that was a 5 min search on CL. I would hold out for the right one. These cars come up for sale all the time out here.
    Thanks a lot for these - planning on checking that last one out actually. Checks all the right boxes for me - just unfortunate that it has the light beige interior. I guess if it has to be paired with any color, Alpine is the best for it.

Remember, the buyer is in Cali, so the price is going to be a few grand higher than most places in the US, but I still Believe it is high for the current condition and options and mileage.

Honestly, I would hold out and wait for a better one. I wish I did this when I bought my ZHP. I'll keep my eyes out for ya. Im up in Santa Barbara so just north of you.

For references, I paid $10,000 out the door for my ZHP. At the time it was just a tick over 100K miles, manual, silbergrau metallic, black leather, and some recent work done to it. I took a gamble on the car having no work history, and ultimately ended up paying for this as many parts needed to be replaced. I was ok with the price because it was the color combo I wanted in leather, and when I first go the car, it was damn near perfect inside and out.

If I had to do it over again, I would have waited for a member here to have on up for sale that was in good condition with work history and would have flown to get the car. Or would have waited for one with work history to show up in Cali. Price could have been cheaper but it is what it is :/
    Really appreciate you keeping an eye out. You found your ideal color combo though, that’s big. Ideally, I’d like to find a sedan in Orient blue or Alpine.

Plus side to a light interior, it wont get hot AF in the summer sun. I need to get window shades for the side windows. Black leather in SoCal sun is enough to burn skin lol

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Plus side to a light interior, it wont get hot AF in the summer sun. I need to get window shades for the side windows. Black leather in SoCal sun is enough to burn skin lol

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    That’s a great point... definitely helps me justify it lol. Is there a reason light beige seems to be the interior no one likes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nicksarazen View Post
    That’s a great point... definitely helps me justify it lol. Is there a reason light beige seems to be the interior no one likes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beige just doesn't look good in most cars imo, there's few applications that it does, plus it gets dirty very easily. Don't let these people scare you away from black leather, I live in the bay area and honestly window tint + a sunshade keeps the car comfortably cool. But if you have no tint at all prepare for 2nd degree burns.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I like beige interior, actually. Three of my cars (black e46 323i, black e90 330i, silver e90 335i) had beige color and it looked good IMHO. Plus, I live in TX and that helps during the summer.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by nicksarazen View Post
    Thanks for all the input everyone, I agree. Gonna wait for the right one to come up - well documented is the most important thing for me. I’m looking for an auto sedan in Southern California - not afraid of higher miles at all. Would actually rather a higher miles example that’s had a lot of major things addressed (like cooling system and suspension work) than one that’s just over 100k that’s only had oil changes.
    I agree with this statement! I bought one at 100k miles with no work done. I woulda rather get one around 125k with work done. By the time I hit 125K I had done the following (leaving some items out and not including additional items from the accident, check my old build thread):

- entire cooling system
    -All pulleys and belts
    - Entire CCV
    -OPG
    -OFHG
    -Tie rods, control arms, new boots (needs new struts, bushings everywhere, and I still need to rebuild rear suspension)
    -New intake boots
    -All new vacuum lines
    -DISA
    -Washer bottle motor for sprayers
    -and the list goes on and on.

You are right about documentation being the most important part because it proves the maintenance. I keep all my receipts, have a huge spreadsheet tracking my work, dates, miles, etc, and have 100s of photos to back it all up.

In retro spec, I should have waited for one instead of jumping on the first one I liked in the colors I wanted. I wanted the suede, but was fine with leather, and now prefer it because I'm a dog owner.

I bought my car in Lake Elsinore, which is 200 miles away. I drove my GFs car the first time when I went to inspect and test drive, then took a train down when I bought, so just widen your search area and you'll find the one for you.

Yep. I bought mine not knowing anything about E46s, only common issues and horror stories. Figured it couldn't be that bad...it was. I have replaced almost everything on the car. I did buy it pretty cheap so it balances out.

If were to buy another, I would pay a bit more for documented repairs. That premium is very much worth it, unless you enjoy doing the repairs...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

I like working on my car and doing the repairs, just don't like the price tag that goes with it sometimes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast