Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Wireless charging and cupholder upgrade

So recently I've been debating where to start putting my phone and I was slowly warming up to the idea of a bimman mount, but then I thought of something that would be better, but way more complicated.

I figured since the phone i'm getting has wireless charging I won't have to mess with cables every time I get in my car. The best place to put it would be in the armrest, but the phone is too big to fit in there. The next best option is the center console. I've seen a couple examples of people switching out the cup holders for the storage compartment and wiring the charger underneath, which sounds great but it leaves the issue of losing the cup holders. This guy here did a great job on his M, but I think i can improve the design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3FCe9zFDOA

My idea is keep a single cupholder up-front, and use the rest of the center console for the phone slot. Length-wise there is plenty of room for even the biggest phones, the issue is width and finding something that would work. Other issue is getting the power for the wiring, the usb out from my eonon is usb 3.0 and I don't know if it can draw enough current to properly power the 12w wireless charger.

If something already exists out there that's in the correct shape let me know because I will gladly throw money at it, if not if someone knows where to find a fitment that be fairly easily modded like the one in the video I will get that and custom fit some stuff.

Visual: Proposed vs. current

Attachment 34823
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's an interesting project. I can help and 3d print that insert for the phone out of black plastic. It's not going to match OEM plastic, but it will look nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am charged up about this!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

It reminds me of what EAS worked on way back in the days. Didn't get enough interest so it didn't go through.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    It reminds me of what EAS worked on way back in the days. Didn't get enough interest so it didn't go through.
    Maybe they were a bit ahead of their time?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture