Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 367 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467867 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 10072
    This sounds like the time I was a high school student, working a part time job. I was about to attend my second high performance driver's school at Lime Rock and I had taken my car in for a pre-tech inspection. This is when I had my E30. They found a minor leak and said it would cost about 400-something dollars to fix. I said if it's under $500, fix it. Otherwise, give me a call.

The next day, I get a call that the car is done. I head over and end up leaving the place $1700 poorer. I was SO PISSED. The car wasn't even worth $500. I was a broke high school kid and they didn't even consider that when they went right ahead fixing the problem despite me telling them not to if it exceeded $500. That emptied out my entire savings, and I haven't been able to maintain a savings since then. This was in 2008.

Needless to say, I haven't gone back.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

@ Meric,

All I can say is that I'm sorry you had to go through that.....

I hear about dealerships or an occasional indy shop doing this to their customers. I guess I can seriously consider myself very lucky because I have not had any of those issues where I live. I can say for those of you if you are ever in the Newport RI area, BMW of Newport is one of the best dealerships I have ever delt with. I use them occasionally because of their exceptional service. If I ask them to keep maintenance to a certain level and call me if its going to cost more, they do just that. They provide me with options and keep me advised throughout my maintenance. Can't ask for more...

Whenever I hear horror stories like what Meric went through, I count my blessings. "Knock on wood", hopefully I will never have to go through this.....hope everything turns out okay for you Meric...

nike001 Guest
    az, you definitely could have gotten out of all that.. and I'm sure that you being a minor during that would have only helped your case.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    az, you definitely could have gotten out of all that.. and I'm sure that you being a minor during that would have only helped your case.
    Gotten out of what, the bill? I doubt it.

I actually just thought about it and realize that in 2008 I was already out of high school. I don't know why I thought I was still in school, but I was still only 19, working full time, making 8.5/hr. Still unacceptable, what they did.

For reference, it was Fairfield County Motorsport, a reputable shop. Personally I think it was just the guy at the counter. I once spoke to one of their employees who autocrosses with my group and he said the guy I an referring to is a dick. Otherwise, the guys there know their stuff and are in general good guys.

Just this one guy is the reason I never got a call about it being so expensive.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Last week I went on a shopping spree at ECS Tuning using my gift card from xmas ($100 value greatly exceeded )

The full list:
    Accessory Belt - Air Conditioning Compressor ES#21723
    Radiator / Intercooler Fin Tool ES#1596825
    Front Upper Strut Mount Reinforcement Plate - Priced Each ES#128656
    Cabin Filter / Fresh Air Filter (Charcoal Lined) ES#2215254
    Spark Plugs - Set Of Six ES#10331
    E-Z Detail Brush ES#2221208
    Double Open End Fan Clutch Wrench - 32/36mm ES#240950
    LED Interior Lighting Kit ES#2210255
    P21S Wheel Cleaner (500ml) ES#261709
    Extended 5/8" Spark Plug Socket ES#9340
    Oil Filter Housing Gasket ES#23900
    Sealing Ring - Priced Each ES#54259
    Fuel Filter ES#33012
    Total @ ECS $370

Also ordered the Rogue power pulley kit w/belt, as well as the Khoalty piano black grille set to replace my cracked and faded black gloss grilles I got from EBay 2 years back.

Planning to knock out the OFHG, pulleys/belts, fuel filter and LED kit this weekend. I have a new OEM VCG and grommets waiting to replace my leaky aftermarket gasket (Victor Reinz FTL) along with the spark plugs.

Paying close attention to the Eurocharged tuning updates...if they can access the kbock adaptation settings and fix the 4k power dip I'm all in!

Excellent list!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

January 13, I brought my car (05 ZHP) to the local dealer for a recall (B63 06 11) to replace both ground wires and sockets in the rear lights.
    They did it right away and had me done in a hour. Good.
    Before they brought my car out, the service rep. suggested that I replace my fan belts. He said that they had a little milage left on them.
    He said that my cost would be $160.00. I wann't ready for that. No thanks.

I went to my mechanic who is 70 miles from where I recently moved to.
    I was due for an oil change anyway. He saw some small cracks in the belts. 52,000 miles on them.
    He changed them on the spot.
    He took off the air filter, cowel, fan blade and replaced everything with new belts. It took him a total of eleven minutes.
    Cost me $84.00 total for the belts. (Redline oil change w/filter was extra.)

My suggestion is to find yourself a good independent BMW repair shop and stay with them. I found that
    it is much better (and cheaper) in the long run.
    Regards, Walt.

BP, sorry to hear that. As I've said, I think many of us have been there. Is it too late to send Meric over? . And, to help keep us on topic, I bought adjustable end links. Getting ready for my H&R install. (Cup kit w/race springs).
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    ... I bought adjustable end links. Getting ready for my H&R install. (Cup kit w/race springs).
    Your ZHP is going to have an awesome stance John Can't wait to see pics brutha

Oh wait!!! I will owe you pics as well..... Can't wait till spring............

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Your ZHP is going to have an awesome stance John Can't wait to see pics brutha

Oh wait!!! I will owe you pics as well..... Can't wait till spring............
    Thanks! You know I'm looking forward to seeing your mods come spring.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 367 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467867 ... LastLast