Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Headlight gaskets

2005 Sedan

The previous owner of my vehicle replaced the headlight lenses but apparently did not replace the gaskets. I've noticed condensation on the lower parts of the lenses. My plan is to replace the gaskets.

I originally ordered the URO gaskets but I found some reviews of facelift sedan owners saying that they were too long. So I've exchanged those for a set of OEM BMW gaskets for only $4 more.

My question is can anyone verify that these will fit without trimming. I mean if I get in there and I have to cut them I guess I will. I'll put some silicone grease around the cut area to help seal it. but honestly I'd like to not cut anything and want the right gasket that fits properly.

Thanks

I haven't replaced gaskets on a 2005 sedan, but the dealer gaskets fit fine on 2000 & 2003 sedan headlights.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I haven't replaced gaskets on a 2005 sedan, but the dealer gaskets fit fine on 2000 & 2003 sedan headlights.
    I replaced the gaskets on my 2004 and they worked fine! I got my lenses elsewhere tho, think umnitza?

If you do have to trim them, I would use some super glue at the seem and make sure it completely bonded so there is no chance of it opening up over time, or letting moisture in.

FWIW OEM gaskets fit fine without trimming. Super tight putting everything back together.

I bought a drivers side gasket from ecs and it fit perfect. It came as one piece, no trimming needed. Same for my E39.

I replaced my lenses and had condensation in the driver's light. For sure took care of that.
    '04 330i ZHP sedan | Mystic blue | Alcantara | 6MT | 111k
    '98 740il | Schwartz 2 | Sandbeige | 5AT | 238k | lowered on Bilsteins w/ B&G springs
    '00 540i sport | Titanium silver | Black | 5AT | 120k
    '85 Mustang GT convertible | Medium charcoal metallic | Gray | 5MT | 215k | one owner, all original