Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New O2 sensor? Is this what they look like?

Hey all,

So I bought a new Bosch bank 2 sensor 1 O2 sensor and was wondering if this is how they look new out of the box?

I've never had to replace one before so I dont know what they look like new. I bought this locally at an Oriellys because ECS Tuning F*ed up 2 day shipping for me. This looks used but I figured Bosch would have to test them before sending them out?

What I'm hoping is that someone didnt buy this part, put it in their car, then put their old one into the box and returned it :/

Anyways here are a few photos. Let me know.

I needed to get those parts from ECS today, so I can drive cycle today, so I can pass smog tmrw, so I can drive the ZHP to my new position starting on Mondsy the 18th! This is what was available locally

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

No it should not look like that. It should have a plastic protective cover over the sensor with anti-seize on the threads. I'll grab a pic when I get home as I have new, uninstalled sensors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

No plastic cover, no anti-seeze, crush washer looks kinda flat, so I wanted to double check.

Here is another close up. I guess the data log will ultimately tell if it's good or not, but being my first, wanted to rub it by everyone

Looks like a used sensor.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

That's what I thought. I just put it in and will find out thru data logs.

The sensor should have an output reading of 0.45 V when the car is turned to key position 2 / auxiliary.

See what the trusty datalogger says right about now.

Edit:

Sorry readout is 0.425V!

It is okay at the moment judging by the first test. But the problem is my old one would read .425v on aux mode, and would fail once driving. Hoping that is not the case with this one.

Anyways, the one from ECS tuning gets here on Monday, so I am going to install that one and return this one. That way I dont have that nagging voice in my head and wont have a potential near future headache to deal with

I would return immediately, and definitely talk to a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    I would return immediately, and definitely talk to a manager.
    Already did. Surprisingly great customer service from Oreilly's around here. The store only had one in stock which is the one I ended up with. Called them, told them my concerns, and they have another O2 sensors being loaded onto a truck shortly. I will be doing a direct swap in-store in a few hours. Losing a few hours is all, not to bad considering. Luckily O2 sensors are real easy to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Already did. Surprisingly great customer service from Oreilly's around here. The store only had one in stock which is the one I ended up with. Called them, told them my concerns, and they have another O2 sensors being loaded onto a truck shortly. I will be doing a direct swap in-store in a few hours. Losing a few hours is all, not to bad considering. Luckily O2 sensors are real easy to swap.
    Easy to swap but man $100 each. Sigh.

I need to do mine as well but have not ordered them

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Easy to swap but man $100 each. Sigh.

I need to do mine as well but have not ordered them
    $100 is cheap! Well I guess which sensor it is. Its crazy how they are all really similar, yet the prices range from $90 to $150 and each sensor is priced differently.

The bank 2 sensor 1 is the one I needed, but I ordered both up stream sensor. The best price I found for OE Bosch was on Amazon, $130.00, but they only had one of the two as a Prime item, so I wouldn't get two day shipping. So I went to ECS and the B2S1 sensor was $150.

Turns out Oreilly's carrys the Bosch brand ones, and their price was around $130.00 as well.

I recommend shopping around a bit Vas, and ill try to find my spreadsheet for you when I was shopping. It was weird because Turner Motorsports had two of the sensors for $5-10 cheaper than ECS, but then ECS had the other two for cheaper than Turner. I'll try and find that sticky note, hopefully I didn't toss it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast