Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GotZHP View Post
    Do you think rear subframe can be done on jack stands? My rear end is really squishy and I know all my bushings need to be replaced

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Yeah; just make sure you jack it high enough that the subframe can be slid out on a jack. You'll definitely have to remove the shocks (easy).
    Just FFS be careful jacking the car up high like that. Just thinking about it gives me heeby jeebies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Yeah; just make sure you jack it high enough that the subframe can be slid out on a jack. You'll definitely have to remove the shocks (easy).
    Just FFS be careful jacking the car up high like that. Just thinking about it gives me heeby jeebies.
    Your telling me, I hate putting the car on jack stands, especially in a parking lot. I think about earthquake's happening while I'm under there. I may go to one of those places where you can rent a work space and a lift considering there are a few nearby in the LA area. Or ill try and rent someone's garage space for the weekend so at least I can be on level ground.

This work wont happen for awhile since im just starting a new job after a period of unemployment. Going to try and save enough cash (and hope the car holds up) and do new struts all around, a full rear suspension rebuild, and all bushings and engine mounts, o and guibos. If the car is going to be out of service might as well get as much done as possible.

One day I'll do this. I'm dreading this even more than the OPG job. Since this is my daily, I have to do it all in one weekend...ugh.

Also, I bought the XI shifter kit from FCPEuro, and I think all the parts are the same. I'll find out soon enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    One day I'll do this. I'm dreading this even more than the OPG job. Since this is my daily, I have to do it all in one weekend...ugh.

Also, I bought the XI shifter kit from FCPEuro, and I think all the parts are the same. I'll find out soon enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Honestly, OPG is not too bad. I did it on jack stands and the front subframe comes out / drops pretty easily, at least it did for me. I wish I had bought engine mounts too since I had the upper engine support bar in place.

Your telling me, I hate putting the car on jack stands, especially in a parking lot. I think about earthquake's happening while I'm under there. I may go to one of those places where you can rent a work space and a lift considering there are a few nearby in the LA area. Or ill try and rent someone's garage space for the weekend so at least I can be on level ground.

This work wont happen for awhile since im just starting a new job after a period of unemployment. Going to try and save enough cash (and hope the car holds up) and do new struts all around, a full rear suspension rebuild, and all bushings and engine mounts, o and guibos. If the car is going to be out of service might as well get as much done as possible.
    At some point coming up I will have a lift you can use for free. Also, I have race ramps so that helps with stability vs. jack stands. Not sure if they are high enough for you to get out the subframe but might be worth it. The problem is you've have to drive to the South Bay. Might be easier to rent, but if you want to make the drive, we can do the work in my driveway. I only have the most basic tools though, so you'd have to bring ones that are beyond std wrenches.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Do you think rear subframe can be done on jack stands? My rear end is really squishy and I know all my bushings need to be replaced

Not OP, but I dropped my whole rear end on jack stands. Parked the front of the car on ramps, jacked the rear up and supported the car with jack stands. Having a buddy to help is incredibly helpful, really helps when you're dropping the sub frame itself. Also, don't replace your upper rear control arm's inner bushings with poly... it will squeak to high heaven over every bump after the first car wash with an undercarriage spray.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12