Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It could definitely be pulley related. Pull the belt and run the engine to see if it goes away. While the belt's off, free spin the pullies. If they free wheel and rattle, there's your problem. A proper one should be silent and spin with some resistance then come to a stop.

I did all pullies and tensioners along with Continental belts and it's nice and quiet up front now. No more chirps or bearing rattles.

I have a new INA drive belt tensioner pulley if you want it. It's OEM. $10, I'm in Winston Salem.

Alright a few updates:

Last weekend I got a lot done. I took the headlights off again and discovered the vertical adjustment screw was off its track. With a lot of prying I got it back in place and now my lights almost aim high enough. Also put an Aux input into my sunglasses holder so I’m finally not stuck with local radio stations. Added my first quart of oil and successfully fixed a low oil light on engine shutoff.

To celebrate I took it on a shakedown through the country side and came back with a SES light on... It was throwing lean codes when I bought it but not enough to get a light on. Figured this was a good excuse to establish myself with a local Indy shop and learned it’s the MAF sensor. They also pinpointed that rattle to the pulleys, so a prize for you guys getting it right. Letting them take care of those repairs and trading a little time for money, but it’s a good shop so I don’t mind giving them business. This weekend will replace my missing headlight trim and put on a new hood cowl.

As a bonus, something I did fixed my LCM! Or... it just decides when it wants to work. Now it’s about 50/50 if I can control my lights with the thumb wheel:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p1BDrmc04Cw

Does your car have a brand new coby wheel wrap done? I test drove a car with the same specs as you listed and it shifted beautifully..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    05 Jet Black with NB 6MT ZHP: Current
    05 Alpine White with Beige Auto ZHP: Sold
    04 Alpine White with Grey Auto 325xi: RIP

Could be, the Alcantara is in great shape and the stitching looks new. That said I’m not sure shifts great is how I would describe it. For the most part it’s good but I definitely get some notchiness, especially from 1st to 2nd. I’m actually thinking next project will be transmission fluid. I can’t tell that it’s ever been changed in its 130k miles. I’m a little nervous about lifting it up, last time I did any work under a car was my Jeep that I could fit under.

Hood cowl is on and looks great, little detail, but makes me happier.

Overdue update:

Had a friend with jack and lifts come over and we successfully got her off the ground. Transmission fluid didn't look terrible but ~2 bottles of Ravenol MTF later and gear shifts are silky smooth. Went ahead and changed the oil while we were down there and tightened up the parking brake because it kept trying to roll away from me on hills. Much tighter now. All in all a successful day of work. I need to get better about documenting work as I'm doing it, but please take this photo of a shakedown drive instead.

Name:  K1OdStC.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  187.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TomSc View Post
    Overdue update:

Had a friend with jack and lifts come over and we successfully got her off the ground. Transmission fluid didn't look terrible but ~2 bottles of Ravenol MTF later and gear shifts are silky smooth. Went ahead and changed the oil while we were down there and tightened up the parking brake because it kept trying to roll away from me on hills. Much tighter now. All in all a successful day of work. I need to get better about documenting work as I'm doing it, but please take this photo of a shakedown drive instead.

Name:  K1OdStC.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  187.6 KB
    Gorgeous, and great work.

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Glad to hear you like the Ravenol as I have some waiting to replace the Redline D4 ATF that's in there now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12