Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

New NC member finally getting around to an intro

Hey guys,

I used to be real active over on E46F back in the day while I owned my 2002 325Ci 5 speed.

That was a fun car.

Anyway, I recently picked up a new to me 2005 TiAg 330I ZHP 6 speed with Black Leather interior. The car has 140k miles and I'm the fourth owner. The car was dealer maintained to 100k. The third owner was somewhat of an enthusiast but admits for his 4 years of ownership all he really did was drive it and fixed things as they broke. He picked up an 08 M3 and decided it was time to free up some garage space so he listed the ZHP up for sale. It's a clean title but shows some prior paint and body work here and there. Since I'm not looking for a total garage queen and more or less a presentable driver, it fits the bill. For the price, I couldn't say no. I'm doing an obsessive amount of maintenance to it to get it right. Thankfully the PO just did full Powerstop brakes all around with stainless lines, a full coolant system overhaul from BavAuto, and Powerflex FCAB's among other things. I plan on trying to attend at least one HPDE event with it this year, hopefully more.

Just got it home, before I wet sanded off that ugly painted on pinstripe.

I'd like to do a maintenance diary kind of thing on here like some of you all do. I enjoy reading them, but frankly I don't think I have the time lol. Lets just say I'm going hard on this thing. FCP Euro must love me by now. I'll try to post updates and more pictures. As it is I haven't even had time to detail the car yet since I've been playing catch up getting the car up to my standard.

Most of the work I do myself, however, admittedly I'm having a shop do the oil pan for me tomorrow because it beats the shit out of my body to be cramped under a car working on my back for too long. While they're in there I'm having them install some Corteco brand e46 M3 engine mounts. After that though all the engine maintenance will be done and fully overhauled. Then I'll be moving to trans with Rogue mounts and Octane SSK, CDV delete and stainless line, Redline MTL, then the diff with some Mobil Delvac I have left over from my Tacoma. Guibo looked good upon my inspection and I'm not getting any drive line vibes so I'm thinking that and CSB can wait. Then it'll be suspension... I'm leaning towards Ground Control Street/Sport. Z4M RTAB's with AKG limiters. Control Arm's are original but ball joints look good. Subframe and diff bushings feel and look good, so they can wait too.

Anyway, I'll leave with a pic I took while doing my Vanos seals and Anti-Rattle kit from Besian a few weeks ago. The process went super smooth and so far has cured my 2000-2500 RPM Vanos rattle.

The PO was running Mobil 5w30 High Mileage in 5k intervals to lessen the leaks instead of fixing them properly, lol. I'm back on Mobil 0w-40 for now. It's cheap from Walmart and works just fine.

Thanks guys, maybe I'll see some of you all around.

Welcome, man. TiAg FTW !
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Welcome

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Greetings from Greensboro
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Good work! Howdy from KY
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Thanks!

704sw, I'm over near Winston Salem.

Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture