For Sale
2006 E53 X5 4.8iS Imola over black comfort seating. Just about to turn over 109k miles.
Asking $12,750.

Story
I've owned this X5 since August 2016 and purchased it with 84k miles. While I'm the 3rd owner, I bought it from a XOutpost.com forum member that only owned it for a couple months. He purchased it from the original owner in Texas and brought it home to Seattle which is where I found it and shipped it to Wisconsin from. While I don't have any service/maintenance receipts from owner #1 or 2, I have all records during my ownership, a copy of a carfax from my time of purchase, and a PPI that owner #2 requested from owner #1.

Since my ownership I've spent and have receipts for over $12k of service & maintenance. $1,800 of that is a new oem windshield, and another $1,900 are 2 sets of tires. The other major repairs include rebuilding the transmission which was over $2,300 (shifts perfectly now) and replacing the problematic air suspension with coil overs. Suspension replacement was over $1,900. I have the oem air suspension components all of which work and they will go along with the sale. Air suspension failed due to computer module. I bought the software to delete the error message on the dash. The computer and diagnostic software will go along with the sale.

The Bad
*) The headliner is sagging in the rear cargo area. It’s not the entire width of the headliner, it’s an area about the size of a beach ball. Photo below.
*) The alcantara liner pealed off the pano roof cover. Not really a big deal for me because I always leave the glass exposed, but if you close your sunroof you’ll want to have it recovered.
*) When I purchased the truck, the rear hatch opener had been replaced and was not painted. Oddly it came in a red primer that is pretty darn close to Imola. I bought some touch up paint and painted it myself. That paint is chipping and peeling.
*) The rear bumper has a scuff on each side. If I keep the truck I'll be repainting it because it bothers me, but it’s really not all that bad.
*) The door lock on the passenger rear is missing the little black ring that goes around the lock indicator. I think these are universal for BMWs of the era and are only a couple bucks.

The Good
*) Very common for V8 E53s to leak oil. I've experienced a few different leaks. With all the repairs I've had done it hasn't leaked a single drop of oil in over a year.
*) I used to own a car detailing business and still do it as a hobby. This X5 has a ceramic coating that was applied summer of 2018. It won’t need paint protection for 3-5 years.
*) This truck is my daily driver. I own an E46 M3 that gets about 3-5k miles per year but most of my driving is done in the X5. Because I use it so much I do whatever it takes to make sure its reliable. It hasn't been without trouble obviously, but for the most part it’s been incredible to drive. During the summer of 2018 I took it on 2 road trips. One being 1000 miles and another 1800 mile trip. It was flawless. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in and drive this truck anywhere.
*) Almost unbelievably for an E53, or any BMW of this era, every single pixel in the dash works. One of the 1st things I replaced was the oem navigation screen. The original had the typical burn spots in the screen. I hated looking at them so I replaced it.
*) The current Continental DWS tires were installed just weeks ago and have well less than 1000 miles on them as of 3-19-19.
*) Heated seats and wheel get warmer in this vehicle than in my wifes F10 5 series. A must have in cold climates.

I’m certain that I’ve left some things out, but I’m hoping to convey that I’m a pretty particular guy. I’ve owned 8 different BMWs and have a passion for the brand. I look forward to every time I get behind the wheel to drive and I’m only interested in vehicles that excite me. This X5 has done that very well. I don’t think it would be a stretch to say that this X5 for the mileage is one of the cleanest examples of the rare E53 4.8iS left.