Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Just FYI everyone: I went to get ready to submit a batch for production and found many of the BlueBus components to be out of stock. While I was able to get alternates in place for the passives, there are several key components which are seemingly difficult to source right now. The biggest is the micro-controller, which cannot be swapped out (it's the core of the device, really):

https://octopart.com/pic24fj1024ga60...-66936763?r=sp

I ignore non-authorized distributors because god knows what truck that fell off of.

Anyways, I have enough to make 380 units, but after that it looks like I'm SOL until late this year unless Digi-Key gets some stock before Mouser.

There appears to be a huge shortage of components throughout the electronics industry right now. I assume it's because of COVID/COVID Vaccinations, but a distributor told me it was also because there's a huge ramp up in new vehicle manufacturing.

-Ted

I see some stock at few other authorized disty’s, with a premium of course

https://www.findchips.com/search/PIC...24GA606-I%2FPT
    Pete

The entire digital market is so screwed right now. I just sold my three year old graphics card (which I bought used back then) for double what I bought it for. The Camaro has ceased production for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    I see some stock at few other authorized disty’s, with a premium of course

https://www.findchips.com/search/PIC...24GA606-I%2FPT
    Hmm, I see Farnell's 160 and AVNET with 45, but that's it. I may be able to scrounge those together for a run, but who knows if it'll be available when I need it. I did just see that Farnell has 2 trays coming in July, so that could have the right timing.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    The entire digital market is so screwed right now. I just sold my three year old graphics card (which I bought used back then) for double what I bought it for. The Camaro has ceased production for the same reason.
    Is the GPU hype train still nuts because of Crypto?

-Ted

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    Is the GPU hype train still nuts because of Crypto?

Nuts because of 1) Semiconductor shortages, 2) Cryptominers, and 3) Scalpers. #2 and #3 really, royally piss me off. I've been trying to buy an RTX 3080 at the price it's supposed to be since November and have been unsuccessful because all these a-holes and their damned bots buying up all stock as soon as it's posted.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Nuts because of 1) Semiconductor shortages, 2) Cryptominers, and 3) Scalpers. #2 and #3 really, royally piss me off. I've been trying to buy an RTX 3080 at the price it's supposed to be since November and have been unsuccessful because all these a-holes and their damned bots buying up all stock as soon as it's posted.
    It's kind of awful what people will do just to make a quick buck. Gotta love the free market for letting the assholes expose themselves.

-Ted

having lived my career in the electronics manufacturing industry, and the crazy component supply issues in the last 3 years, manufacturers fight for every part in the capacity constrained limited supply marketplace of parts to build their customers products.

And that creates the premium marketplace where distributor's find parts and markup those parts to crazy prices, and the top tier manufacturers are willing to pay that premium to build product for their customers. That premium gets passed to the end customer of course

Which makes it even more difficult for a small manufacturer to compete for those parts, yet alone control their costs

So here we are.....
    Pete

Everybody wants to be an overnight millionaire meanwhile I just want good bluetooth. Order placed for the bluebus last night! Excited to get everything working!

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Everybody wants to be an overnight millionaire meanwhile I just want good bluetooth. Order placed for the bluebus last night! Excited to get everything working!
    Thanks for the support!

I got the licenses for the latest production batch earlier this week and I've worked up a GUI tool to install it and enable cVc, but I'm still testing it.

For the technically savvy, you can follow this process: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

The run [ICODE]version[/ICODE] followed by enter. Note the serial number given.

If your serial number is 1261, 1340, 1354, 1362, 1368, 1371, 1378, 1400, 1424 or 1441 then use this command followed by enter:
    Code:
    bt license cvc 3A6B BC18 A9BF FC81 0000
    Otherwise if your serial number is between 1192 and 1485, use this command followed by enter:

Code:
    bt license cvc 3A6B 8168 9B8F FC81 0000

Then follow that up with these commands, each followed by enter:

Code:
    bt cvc on
    bt mgain c1
    Thanks!
    -Ted

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    I got in on something before JP?!

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast