Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Truth be told, the OE BT sucks, is it better for the Bluebus to bypass it?

When it rings now it scares the living daylights out of me, the alert sounds like the infamous flash flood/emergency buzzer we all get on our phones.
    LOL, my car came with the same Everest (BT) TCU and I HATED that damned ring tone. That's the main reason I integrated OE calling into the BlueBus.

You can always try calling with the BlueBus and return the adapter if it's somehow worse than the OE TCU. Others may be able to chime in their non-biased comparison of the two.

-Ted

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    LOL, my car came with the same Everest (BT) TCU and I HATED that damned ring tone. That's the main reason I integrated OE calling into the BlueBus.

You can always try calling with the BlueBus and return the adapter if it's somehow worse than the OE TCU. Others may be able to chime in their non-biased comparison of the two.

-Ted
    Honestly, I'll just be ordering the Bluebus with the TCU unless I hear otherwise. I just dumped $700 into maintenance items on my ZHP so I'll hold tight on the Bluebus for another month. Addressing a leaky power steering hose and oil filter gasket are taking precedence for the moment.

I saw that there is the ability to do some BUS related programming via Bluebus. Does that include programming the GM5, as in coding a new one for my car? Sorry if this has been covered but I don't recall seeing it specifically.

Ted can speak up but BlueBus doesn't really code a car, but rather sniffs and sends messages on the bus. Example, using your turn signal is relayed from the switch over the bus, so that both the LCM and IKE get that message so that the signal turns on and so that it is displayed on the cluster. BlueBus is actively looking for this, and so when it sees the bus message "left turn indicator tapped on", it knows to keep putting that message over the bus for it to relay 3 blinks. And that's how it adds triple blink to LCM's that didn't support it.

This is only speculation as to how this works and obviously there are a number of ways to implement these features.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Ted can speak up but BlueBus doesn't really code a car, but rather sniffs and sends messages on the bus. Example, using your turn signal is relayed from the switch over the bus, so that both the LCM and IKE get that message so that the signal turns on and so that it is displayed on the cluster. BlueBus is actively looking for this, and so when it sees the bus message "left turn indicator tapped on", it knows to keep putting that message over the bus for it to relay 3 blinks. And that's how it adds triple blink to LCM's that didn't support it.

This is only speculation as to how this works and obviously there are a number of ways to implement these features.

Totally makes sense. Thanks. I have a PASoft on the way so hopefully I can get to the bottom of a couple of these issues I've found. Now to figure out either how to run it on a virtual machine on the Mac or snag a cheap windows machine.

I got mine today when I returned from my business trip. It was packaged very well and was waiting for me in my mail box.

I plan to install it into my ZHP tomorrow Thanks Ted!

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-20-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post

I plan to install it into my ZHP tomorrow Thanks Ted!

@CakM3 - happy to install this one with you!

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    @CakM3 - happy to install this one with you!
    Perfect!

I integrated BlueBus into my Mystic ZHP today. The hardest part of this install was getting the TCU connector off so I could connect it to my BlueBus.

This device is truly “plug and play” and Ted has done an amazing job developing this product!

During my quick checks, the audio quality in both music & video playback was clear and amazing and handsfree communication audio was also clear. I could not ask for more with this product.

Steering wheel controls work seemlessly with BlueBus. This is something I have been waiting for and will most likely order another kit for my M3 over the upcoming winter months...

Last edited by cakM3; 11-20-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I integrated BlueBus into my Mystic ZHP today. The hardest part of this install was getting the TCU connector off so I could connect it to my BlueBus.

This device is truly “plug and play” and Ted has done an amazing job developing this product!

During my quick checks, the audio quality in both music & video playback was clear and amazing and handsfree communication audio was also clear. I could not ask for more with this product.

Steering wheel controls work seemlessly with BlueBus. This is something I have been waiting for and will most likely order another kit for my M3 over the upcoming winter months...

Awesome. Thanks for the review, glad to hear it works so well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Been running my BlueBus for a few weeks now since installing it... I could not be happier with this product, just saying. Every time I go into my ZHP to start it up, it immediately sees my iPhone and begins playing music as long as I have bluetooth on on my iPhone and the car radio is also on. The audio quality is superb as far as my old man ears can detect and when I use the phone to make calls, everything just works perfectly just like OEM. I could not ask for better as far as I am concerned. I also like that I can enable one-touch five blink if I want. All from this device. You also get online support from Ted and the packaging of this device is excellent.

Even though I have the Business CD radio head unit, I'm no longer in a hurry to get the AVIN head unit for this car because BlueBus integrates so perfectly. I am actually satisfied with the setup currently in my ZHP. I really love the improved bluetooth streaming capabilities BlueBus has and the clarity of sound going into my stereo system. I enjoy streaming SIRIUS radio from my iPhone into the car...

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast