Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegestudentwithazhp View Post
    Anyone getting a slight buzzing noise when using their bluebus? Could hear it when I pause my music. It happens every now and then. Was wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues.
    Sounds like a ground loop issue. Can you verify all your grounds are tight? Meaning the chassis ground and the electronics ground strap.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Bit of a follow-up -- this is what ground loop noise sounds like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:G..._Hz_sound.flac

Anyone getting a slight buzzing noise when using their bluebus? Could hear it when I pause my music. It happens every now and then. Was wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues.
    I'm good on my BlueBus. No noise.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    I'm good on my BlueBus. No noise.
    This is good! Not to pass blame, but generally speaking anyone who is hearing noise from their audio system at normal listening levels (or even slightly above) has an underlying issue. This can be anywhere from rusty or loose grounds, to a bad battery or a bad alternator.

These issues can be mitigated, but obviously it is best to fix the underlying issue.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Mine is good too. No buzzing. And my volume issue was resolved after I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in power pin first. It gets super loud and the audio quality is awesome.

Hey Ted, possible enhancement idea. I noticed there’s a lot of extra space on the nav screen below the song, artist, album. Is it possible to also show the time elapsed/total song length (like 0:30/3:00)? Would be a useful bit of info for scrubbing and/Or podcasts.

And on the subject of scrubbing, it works as expected and scrubs through the song until I let go of the button. However, I noticed when I scrub forward through a song, my Nav screen displays <<R. Kinda odd, eh? I figured it would have displayed F>> instead.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I'm looking forward to getting mine when the next batch of orders are fulfilled so I can install this one in my ZHP...

The buzzing is really faint, and happens every now and then. What exactly is the chassis ground and electronic ground strap? Sorry, still new here. The bluebus has everything connected. However, I did not strap it down with tape or bolt it on something, so the bluebus kind of floats in the trunk.. Maybe that could be it? Or should I try just unplugging everything, and plugging it all back?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Mine is good too. No buzzing. And my volume issue was resolved after I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in power pin first. It gets super loud and the audio quality is awesome.

Hey Ted, possible enhancement idea. I noticed there’s a lot of extra space on the nav screen below the song, artist, album. Is it possible to also show the time elapsed/total song length (like 0:30/3:00)? Would be a useful bit of info for scrubbing and/Or podcasts.

And on the subject of scrubbing, it works as expected and scrubs through the song until I let go of the button. However, I noticed when I scrub forward through a song, my Nav screen displays <<R. Kinda odd, eh? I figured it would have displayed F>> instead.
    It's not really feasible to display track time as the second you begin scrubbing, the data becomes invalid. I get no notifications, nor can I request where in playback you are.

I never scrub through songs, so I haven't fiddled with the display (<<R // F>>)
    The buzzing is really faint, and happens every now and then. What exactly is the chassis ground and electronic ground strap? Sorry, still new here. The bluebus has everything connected. However, I did not strap it down with tape or bolt it on something, so the bluebus kind of floats in the trunk.. Maybe that could be it? Or should I try just unplugging everything, and plugging it all back?

The BlueBus itself can be left to flop around with little worry. The chassis ground strap is under the passenger side frame rail (exhaust side of the engine) -- corrosion is common here. The electronics ground is on the passenger side of the trunk, behind the carpeting. It's a bunch of brown wires bolted to the chassis.

Thanks!
    -Ted

I did a video with an overview of BlueBus, install guide on E46, how-to-use guide and overall thoughts if anyone wants the DIY or needs a little extra persuasion to pick one up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH-cwfXe8cI

I notice the buzzing happens when I press the talk button on my steering wheel to enable Siri and the phone. I’ve pressed mode and sometimes it goes away when I switch back to bluebus

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast