Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: New bluetooth option for e46 coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Truth be told, the OE BT sucks, is it better for the Bluebus to bypass it?

When it rings now it scares the living daylights out of me, the alert sounds like the infamous flash flood/emergency buzzer we all get on our phones.
    LOL, my car came with the same Everest (BT) TCU and I HATED that damned ring tone. That's the main reason I integrated OE calling into the BlueBus.

You can always try calling with the BlueBus and return the adapter if it's somehow worse than the OE TCU. Others may be able to chime in their non-biased comparison of the two.

-Ted

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    LOL, my car came with the same Everest (BT) TCU and I HATED that damned ring tone. That's the main reason I integrated OE calling into the BlueBus.

You can always try calling with the BlueBus and return the adapter if it's somehow worse than the OE TCU. Others may be able to chime in their non-biased comparison of the two.

-Ted
    Honestly, I'll just be ordering the Bluebus with the TCU unless I hear otherwise. I just dumped $700 into maintenance items on my ZHP so I'll hold tight on the Bluebus for another month. Addressing a leaky power steering hose and oil filter gasket are taking precedence for the moment.

I saw that there is the ability to do some BUS related programming via Bluebus. Does that include programming the GM5, as in coding a new one for my car? Sorry if this has been covered but I don't recall seeing it specifically.

Ted can speak up but BlueBus doesn't really code a car, but rather sniffs and sends messages on the bus. Example, using your turn signal is relayed from the switch over the bus, so that both the LCM and IKE get that message so that the signal turns on and so that it is displayed on the cluster. BlueBus is actively looking for this, and so when it sees the bus message "left turn indicator tapped on", it knows to keep putting that message over the bus for it to relay 3 blinks. And that's how it adds triple blink to LCM's that didn't support it.

This is only speculation as to how this works and obviously there are a number of ways to implement these features.
    | My YouTube Channel | Instagram|

BMWCCA GGC: 530872
    "You canít connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards." - Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Ted can speak up but BlueBus doesn't really code a car, but rather sniffs and sends messages on the bus. Example, using your turn signal is relayed from the switch over the bus, so that both the LCM and IKE get that message so that the signal turns on and so that it is displayed on the cluster. BlueBus is actively looking for this, and so when it sees the bus message "left turn indicator tapped on", it knows to keep putting that message over the bus for it to relay 3 blinks. And that's how it adds triple blink to LCM's that didn't support it.

This is only speculation as to how this works and obviously there are a number of ways to implement these features.

Totally makes sense. Thanks. I have a PASoft on the way so hopefully I can get to the bottom of a couple of these issues I've found. Now to figure out either how to run it on a virtual machine on the Mac or snag a cheap windows machine.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829