Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    Glad to be here! I figured I should probably chime into the thread about my own product :P
    Good to see you here, Ted, and thanks for taking your time to answer questions and provide context for your solution. Sorry to add another thread to busy you with, my intent was referring people to the m3forum thread where lots of questions were answered.

Thanks for that initial post Will. Links here aren't highlighted in my browser: I didn't see it!
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Good to see you here, Ted, and thanks for taking your time to answer questions and provide context for your solution. Sorry to add another thread to busy you with, my intent was referring people to the m3forum thread where lots of questions were answered.
    Thanks for posting it to begin with!

I don't mind answering questions -- I've pretty much posted this on all the applicable forums so I could gain interest and answer questions

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    Thanks for posting it to begin with!

I don't mind answering questions -- I've pretty much posted this on all the applicable forums so I could gain interest and answer questions
    Good deal, I hope people are as excited for your solution as I am. The combination of OE plug/play, reliability, and sound quality is great combo imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Thanks for that initial post Will. Links here aren't highlighted in my browser: I didn't see it!
    No worries. I was concerned that perhaps Ted wasn't checking this thread/forum as frequently, thus pointing you a resource I was aware of with lots of questions/answers.

NICE TED!!

I am in for a pre order. Hope this takes off!

-Daniel
    OEM BMW Performance (Missing cams and seats)
    LEVEL ONE // Euro Techniks
    Auto -> 6 Speed complete

Quote Originally Posted by kakashi169 View Post
    NICE TED!!

I am in for a pre order. Hope this takes off!
    Thanks, Daniel! I hope so too

I’m interested in hearing user results. My DICE media bridge seems to be on the way out in my zhp.

Ted, on my MX5, I have an aftermarket head unit with built in BT. Lately, whenever the track changes on my synced iPhone, it will return the audio to level 15 on the headunit regardless of if it was higher or lower. I’ve turned off sound check on my iPhone.

Is this something that your adapter would do, or not do? Just curious.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    I’m interested in hearing user results. My DICE media bridge seems to be on the way out in my zhp.

Ted, on my MX5, I have an aftermarket head unit with built in BT. Lately, whenever the track changes on my synced iPhone, it will return the audio to level 15 on the headunit regardless of if it was higher or lower. I’ve turned off sound check on my iPhone.

Is this something that your adapter would do, or not do? Just curious.
    Stephen,

Sounds like a bug with your HU! The only time my unit changes the volume is when you receive a call, and it only alters the volume of the call and not the audio stream.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Hi Ted, here's a rather unique question for ya.

https://99percentinvisible.org/episo...s-mazda-virus/

It's an episode of a podcast that I listen to regularly, and ever since I added the DICE Media Bridge to my ZHP, I've had a weird unexplained connectivity issue with my phone. But now it's explained.

Short version of the podcast: A particular type of Mazda 6 head unit from about 2010-2015 has had issues staying connected/powered on when playing THIS podcast, and JUST THIS podcast alone: 99% Invisible. The issue apparently is that "% I" is a command in the programming language of the head unit, verified by the original coder of head unit's software (it's all described in the podcast episode). I thought I was alone in this issue, but apparently enough people have had this issue that they made a specific podcast episode about it, AND an entire "Mazda-Safe" podcast feed (which I've yet to locate).

Since I installed my DICE Media Bridge on my ZHP in about 2014, I'm betting the software might be related.

Can you test this podcast on your product, and confirm that there is no issue w/ this podcast and your product?

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Hi Ted, here's a rather unique question for ya.

https://99percentinvisible.org/episo...s-mazda-virus/

It's an episode of a podcast that I listen to regularly, and ever since I added the DICE Media Bridge to my ZHP, I've had a weird unexplained connectivity issue with my phone. But now it's explained.

Short version of the podcast: A particular type of Mazda 6 head unit from about 2010-2015 has had issues staying connected/powered on when playing THIS podcast, and JUST THIS podcast alone: 99% Invisible. The issue apparently is that "% I" is a command in the programming language of the head unit, verified by the original coder of head unit's software (it's all described in the podcast episode). I thought I was alone in this issue, but apparently enough people have had this issue that they made a specific podcast episode about it, AND an entire "Mazda-Safe" podcast feed (which I've yet to locate).

Since I installed my DICE Media Bridge on my ZHP in about 2014, I'm betting the software might be related.

Can you test this podcast on your product, and confirm that there is no issue w/ this podcast and your product?
    Stephen,

That's an interesting issue. My first thought is that the '%' operator is often used by programming languages for string formatting, which could throw off some poorly written code. I'll test with the BlueBus tomorrow, but I assume that the BT module will have no problems with it, as it is a high end module ($30/unit at 100+ unit counts -- ouch) and generally doesn't have issues with any metadata I've thrown at it, including Kanji characters. Nothing on the microcontroller side should really take issue with it either.

Funnily enough, I don't have a BlueBus right now as I'm out of prototypes and I'm waiting for one to get shipped back to me, which should be here in the AM PDT

Thanks!
    -Ted

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast