Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    yeah that was a great video to give us an idea of what the UI will look like. Really looking forward to it.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    yeah that was a great video to give us an idea of what the UI will look like. Really looking forward to it.
    Yeah, Ryan is way better at film making than I am

I just posted this over at M3F, but here's a plug and play solution I have come up with for E46/Z4 owners in terms of the TCU hookups. It will be offered as a DIY kit at cost, or as a complete unit for a good bit more (it takes me a half hour to make one, and that kinda sucks when I have 400 units to ship out!).

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    Yeah, Ryan is way better at film making than I am

I just posted this over at M3F, but here's a plug and play solution I have come up with for E46/Z4 owners in terms of the TCU hookups. It will be offered as a DIY kit at cost, or as a complete unit for a good bit more (it takes me a half hour to make one, and that kinda sucks when I have 400 units to ship out!).

Forgive my ignorance, but would I need this if I only have the business class radio?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aethir30 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but would I need this if I only have the business class radio?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    You don't need it, it just makes life easier if you want to add the "telephone" integration (wherein the the BlueBus acts like the factory phone).

Thanks!
    -Ted

You don't need it, it just makes life easier if you want to add the "telephone" integration (wherein the the BlueBus acts like the factory phone).

Thanks!
    -Ted
    If I understand correctly it will still be able to have phone call integration, just not over FM, AM without this connector correct? Ive pre ordered one. What else will I need to get it fully functional? the OEM mic 338?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    If I understand correctly it will still be able to have phone call integration, just not over FM, AM without this connector correct? Ive pre ordered one. What else will I need to get it fully functional? the OEM mic 338?
    Hey!

If you don't want the adapter, you still need to bring over the two mic signals to the BlueBus. You can accomplish this by simply de-pinning those wires from the 54 pin connector, or any other sort of wire trickery. I will include the right connector with your order free of charge if you do not want to buy the plug and play harness. The other four wires are what allow you to take calls in any mode.

Also, yeah you'll need that 338 mic too!

-Ted

Hey!

If you don't want the adapter, you still need to bring over the two mic signals to the BlueBus. You can accomplish this by simply de-pinning those wires from the 54 pin connector, or any other sort of wire trickery. I will include the right connector with your order free of charge if you do not want to buy the plug and play harness. The other four wires are what allow you to take calls in any mode.

Also, yeah you'll need that 338 mic too!

-Ted
    Plug and Play harness sounds easier to deal with, will you send out an email when we can purchase those as well to add them to our order?

Sorry if you've already mentioned this somewhere.

Questions from the video:

HFP: on/off. This is if we want the bluebus to act like the OEM phone, right? So if we (I) keep the OEM bluetooth set up we leave this setting OFF, correct? side note: HFP is an interesting name for phone BT. Never heard it called that before. heh.

OT Blinkers: Hopefully we will get a confirmation soon on if there are any issues using this setting for those of us that have 3 or 5 blinks already coded. I know you were working on getting this answer.

TCU mode: I am a little confused about this setting and how it should/will work for those of us that will be keeping our OEM Bluetooth phone set up. Obviously I want the system to go to phone mode, pause the music so I can take a call over the OEM set up, then go back to the music when I hang up. Do we leave the setting in Always for both OEM or bluebus phone set ups?

and the second question is what "set up" does the bluebus use for Siri? If we hold the talk button on our steering wheel will we still get Siri like in the video even if we keep the OEM phone BT set up? like can I press the button, tell it to call someone, then it will switch over to the OEM phone mode to complete the call?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

What pins for the mic? And where can we buy the plug and play harness?

I'll happily do an install guide and feature/user tutorial video. I got a new camera and have been dying to play with it anyway. I'm order 79 so it may be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Questions from the video:

HFP: on/off. This is if we want the bluebus to act like the OEM phone, right? So if we (I) keep the OEM bluetooth set up we leave this setting OFF, correct? side note: HFP is an interesting name for phone BT. Never heard it called that before. heh.

OT Blinkers: Hopefully we will get a confirmation soon on if there are any issues using this setting for those of us that have 3 or 5 blinks already coded. I know you were working on getting this answer.

TCU mode: I am a little confused about this setting and how it should/will work for those of us that will be keeping our OEM Bluetooth phone set up. Obviously I want the system to go to phone mode, pause the music so I can take a call over the OEM set up, then go back to the music when I hang up. Do we leave the setting in Always for both OEM or bluebus phone set ups?

and the second question is what "set up" does the bluebus use for Siri? If we hold the talk button on our steering wheel will we still get Siri like in the video even if we keep the OEM phone BT set up? like can I press the button, tell it to call someone, then it will switch over to the OEM phone mode to complete the call?
    HFP: on/off. "Call only" BT is called "Hands Free Protocol" in the Bluetooth world . Yes, this is what you would want to disable if you'd like to use your OE ULF/TCU.

OT Blinkers: Yes sir, I'm sending my test unit this week to a user on this forum to confirm

TCU mode: If you don't wire in the BlueBus for TCU emulation (meaning removing your OE TCU/ULF), then this option doesn't mean anything for you. However, if you do wire in the BlueBus, this means that in "Bluetooth" mode, it will use the CD Changer audio input to route the call, rather than the TCU/ULF audio input. Everything with audio muting, etc will be handled by your phone (regardless of make/model), so nothing to worry about there

>and the second question is what "set up" does the bluebus use for Siri?

HFP . If you do not enable HFP, Siri/Google Assistant are a No-go via the "talk" button. This is a limitation of the phone, and not the BT module or my code :/.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    What pins for the mic? And where can we buy the plug and play harness?

I'll happily do an install guide and feature/user tutorial video. I got a new camera and have been dying to play with it anyway. I'm order 79 so it may be a while.
    Pins 1 and 19 are for the microphone on the 54 pin adapter.

I will email customers in a couple weeks with information on the plug and play harness

Your offer for a tutorial video would be excellent, thank you for the offer! Your 79 of 420 (nearly), so you're really one of the first .

I'm hoping to crank out 150 units per week once they get to me.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast