Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Hi Ted, here's a rather unique question for ya.

https://99percentinvisible.org/episo...s-mazda-virus/

It's an episode of a podcast that I listen to regularly, and ever since I added the DICE Media Bridge to my ZHP, I've had a weird unexplained connectivity issue with my phone. But now it's explained.

Short version of the podcast: A particular type of Mazda 6 head unit from about 2010-2015 has had issues staying connected/powered on when playing THIS podcast, and JUST THIS podcast alone: 99% Invisible. The issue apparently is that "% I" is a command in the programming language of the head unit, verified by the original coder of head unit's software (it's all described in the podcast episode). I thought I was alone in this issue, but apparently enough people have had this issue that they made a specific podcast episode about it, AND an entire "Mazda-Safe" podcast feed (which I've yet to locate).

Since I installed my DICE Media Bridge on my ZHP in about 2014, I'm betting the software might be related.

Can you test this podcast on your product, and confirm that there is no issue w/ this podcast and your product?
    Stephen,

Here you go:

No issues with playback or rebooting the head unit?

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

I'll leave it playing all the way through tonight. I only listened to the first five minutes or so.

No issues with playback using an iPhone 6S via the Podcast app.

Nice. Thank you!

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Just posting Ted's update from m3f (original thread here). I'm still excited for this product, regardless of the additional lead time.

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates -- life has been super busy lately! In terms of the BlueBus, I am currently working on getting a prototype laid out for the newest revision which adds the following features:

1. Full emulation of the factory TCU from a hardware standpoint
    2. A standard 3.5mm audio jack to use with a standard microphone (such as the GROM's).
    3. Built-in circuitry to power the OE mic, to do away with the requirement for the "Microphone Adapter".

I expect to have this done by next week.

I'm also working to source Clear Voice Capture licenses for the BC127 Bluetooth module, which is proving harder than I anticipated. My options are an 8 week lead time to have Sierra Wireless build the modules with the license built in, or wading through the murky waters to get the license directly from Qualcomm, which is what I'm currently working on.

Additionally, I'm packing up to move the family from Las Vegas, NV to Southern Ohio in a couple weeks, so that has thrown a wrench in my time-frames. I'm hoping to be ready to take money mid-June and then send the boards off for manufacture. If I don't have to wait for Sierra Wireless to build the modules, then it should be a three week turn around, otherwise I will have to incentivize prospective users to let me old onto their money for 11 weeks or so, then take the money I make there to have more units made.

The 8 week lead time also poses a problem in that I need to pre-pay for the modules, which will be around $7,000 worth.

I'll send an email out to all prospective customers once I have a solid plan for manufacture, which should be in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!
    -Ted

In my experience these things tend to concatenate, esp. if featuritis is not kept in check.

Anyone here know what "Full emulation of the factory TCU from a hardware standpoint" means? I don't know what the TCU is.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Just posting Ted's update from m3f (original thread here). I'm still excited for this product, regardless of the additional lead time.
    Thanks for posting this! Another small update to add:

After some arm twisting, Future Electronics is working on fulfilling my order for the Qualcomm Clear Voice Capture licenses that I need. Once I verify they are viable, I'll be good to go as far as manufacturing obstacles are concerned. Still working on the "Rev C" and I'm moving to Ohio this weekend, so life is busy! Still hoping to be ready to take real orders sometime next month, but I will post back if there are any further delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    In my experience these things tend to concatenate, esp. if featuritis is not kept in check.

Anyone here know what "Full emulation of the factory TCU from a hardware standpoint" means? I don't know what the TCU is.
    The featuritis is being kept relatively in check! I have started to push back on extra features on the software side for now, at least until the product is launched. It should do its primary job correctly before it can juggle and do backflips

The TCU is the factory telematics control unit -- it is what powered "BMW Assist" as well as the old Motorola "StarTac" / "Nokia" cradles that you could install in the armrest. In the newer cars, it also provided factory hands-free Bluetooth calling (if equipped).

What I'm adding to the BlueBus is the circuitry required to both "mute" the radio/Bluetooth/CD when a call comes in and push that call audio out to the vehicle. That way, calls can be taken regardless of the status of the BlueBus.

-Ted
    Last edited by t3ddftw; 05-21-2019 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Words are hard.

Thanks for the additional updates, Ted. Best wishes for your move to Ohio. Drive safely (if driving)!

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Thanks for the additional updates, Ted. Best wishes for your move to Ohio. Drive safely (if driving)!
    Thanks, Will! We're driving the wife's Ford Edge with our 15 month old daughter and three year old German Shepherd Dog -- lots of precious cargo on board! Our belongings are being moved by a professional company, so at least we're not making the 1,900 mile drive in a U-Haul

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast