Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Hi Ted,

Is there something I can reference for the "scale" of the microphone gain? People on the other end of the call say there's still a slight echo (better with the 15.1 firmware), and I recall you mentioning to turn down the gain. I don't think it's a 1-10 scale, right?

I'm still amazed at the improved sound quality of the BlueBus, makes me consider upgrading the speakers now. Thanks again for developing this.

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    I honestly never though people wouldn't want to see metadata, so I never considered this. I can, relatively easily, add an "off" option.

There are code changes in the works right now to improve existing features, though most of them don't touch the CD53 UI

-Ted
    Awesome! Looking forward to this feature. Also, the update you sent me seems to still cause HVAC issues. You seemed to understand why I'm having my issue. Should I just get a newer HVAC unit? Would that address the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Hi Ted,

Is there something I can reference for the "scale" of the microphone gain? People on the other end of the call say there's still a slight echo (better with the 15.1 firmware), and I recall you mentioning to turn down the gain. I don't think it's a 1-10 scale, right?

I'm still amazed at the improved sound quality of the BlueBus, makes me consider upgrading the speakers now. Thanks again for developing this.
    Will,

The gain is C0 - D6 in the terminal (-27 to +36 in weird increments that I did not define and cannot alter).

I recommend you follow this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...g-the-Terminal

Then run:

bt mgain c1

Gain level C0 / -27dB seems to cause quality issues.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Awesome! Looking forward to this feature. Also, the update you sent me seems to still cause HVAC issues. You seemed to understand why I'm having my issue. Should I just get a newer HVAC unit? Would that address the issue?
    No, that's a bad fix for the issue. Is the issue as bad as it was before? What's the build month and year of your car? Except for one German user, everyone else reported 1.1.15 resolved the IHKA (HVAC) issues.

An I-Bus log may help reveal the root cause (https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log), if you are able to replicate it quickly.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Hi Ted-

First off, thanks for being so engaged with the community on this device. I hate my FM dongle and cannot wait to get one of these.

I read through the whole post, and have a couple quick questions:

My ZHP has the Business CD system with an XM Satellite Radio receiver.

1. Since XM is plugged into an aux input (I believe it is in the CD changer position), will I have to abandon Sat Radio with a Bluebus?

2. If I am running Waze for navigation, I usually have Spotify running in the background. Will I be able to do so with the Bluebus? Can the steering wheel controls change tracks on Spotify in this mode?

3. I'm a little confused on needing the TCU adapter. I have the steering wheel controls and the factory mic, would I still need it to use basic HFP Bluetooth with my iPhone 11Pro?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Curious, what HVAC issue are you having? I had an HVAC issue sometime after installing my BlueBus...now I wonder if it is related.

No, that's a bad fix for the issue. Is the issue as bad as it was before? What's the build month and year of your car? Except for one German user, everyone else reported 1.1.15 resolved the IHKA (HVAC) issues.

An I-Bus log may help reveal the root cause (https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log), if you are able to replicate it quickly.

Thanks!
    -Ted
    It's significantly mitigated now. Perhaps it was a fluke. I haven't driven much since I sent my last message.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoonin88 View Post
    Curious, what HVAC issue are you having? I had an HVAC issue sometime after installing my BlueBus...now I wonder if it is related.
    My HVAC unit will reboot randomly and then return to whatever settings the car started with. If the car started as off, then it'll just shut off. Or if it starts at fan one and you've sent it to fan 3, it'll turn off and return to that original temp at fan 1. I am an early build 08/01

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Hi Ted-

First off, thanks for being so engaged with the community on this device. I hate my FM dongle and cannot wait to get one of these.

I read through the whole post, and have a couple quick questions:

My ZHP has the Business CD system with an XM Satellite Radio receiver.

1. Since XM is plugged into an aux input (I believe it is in the CD changer position), will I have to abandon Sat Radio with a Bluebus?

2. If I am running Waze for navigation, I usually have Spotify running in the background. Will I be able to do so with the Bluebus? Can the steering wheel controls change tracks on Spotify in this mode?

3. I'm a little confused on needing the TCU adapter. I have the steering wheel controls and the factory mic, would I still need it to use basic HFP Bluetooth with my iPhone 11Pro?

Thanks!
    1. No! Just get the factory "Sirius Slave Cable" https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/84110150526/

2. Sure! There's nothing stopping both audio sources from coming through the BlueBus

3. You will need the adapter if you want to use the factory microphone without going through the hassle of re-pinning some wires off the vehicle harness (https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...-TCU-connector).

1. No! Just get the factory "Sirius Slave Cable" https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/84110150526/

2. Sure! There's nothing stopping both audio sources from coming through the BlueBus

3. You will need the adapter if you want to use the factory microphone without going through the hassle of re-pinning some wires off the vehicle harness (https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...-TCU-connector).
    Thanks, Ted. I discovered this evening after a week of ownership of this car that I have factory bluetooth-- and all the code cards were in the manual folio. Guess I should have looked before.

That being said, does this change any of the setups you mention above?

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Thanks, Ted. I discovered this evening after a week of ownership of this car that I have factory bluetooth-- and all the code cards were in the manual folio. Guess I should have looked before.

That being said, does this change any of the setups you mention above?
    You won't need the telephone adapter if you want to use the OE Bluetooth module

Thanks!
    -Ted

You won't need the telephone adapter if you want to use the OE Bluetooth module

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Truth be told, the OE BT sucks, is it better for the Bluebus to bypass it?

When it rings now it scares the living daylights out of me, the alert sounds like the infamous flash flood/emergency buzzer we all get on our phones.

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast