Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Damn. About 2 months too late.
    Awh, did you go AVIN? If so, how much do you like it?

I read the email but am a little unclear. So roughly when will these ship out? I only ask because I'm a college student and if I'm on winter break, I'd be at one address and if I'm back in class, I'm 600 miles away at another address.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I read the email but am a little unclear. So roughly when will these ship out? I only ask because I'm a college student and if I'm on winter break, I'd be at one address and if I'm back in class, I'm 600 miles away at another address.

Howdy!

They will be ready to ship the first couple weeks of January. If you'd like, just pop in "123 I DO NOT KNOW RD" as your address and I'll reach out via email when I'm ready to ship and see that address

Thanks Ted. Just sent you an email. I'm honestly so excited I just placed my order. When I wrote my question, I only thought of stealing it from the mailman for immediate install, I forgot it could sit in the mailbox if need be.

So what are the features included? Bluetooth music and headset integration with steering wheel controls. Were there additional features added? There was some talk in this thread about triple blink (a feature I have). Can't wait to show this puppy off.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Thanks Ted. Just sent you an email. I'm honestly so excited I just placed my order. When I wrote my question, I only thought of stealing it from the mailman for immediate install, I forgot it could sit in the mailbox if need be.

So what are the features included? Bluetooth music and headset integration with steering wheel controls. Were there additional features added? There was some talk in this thread about triple blink (a feature I have). Can't wait to show this puppy off.

Haha, all good!

Right now it can:

* Play music

* Respond to the steering wheel controls

* Display on the OE screens

* Emulate the TCU (so you can take/make calls when listening to the radio, and not BT)

* 3/5 comfort blink

Soon it will also be able to auto-fold your mirrors when you park, but that's obviously for vehicles equipped with folding mirrors only.

There's more in the works, and I even discovered that I can do some pretty extensive coding through the IBus, so that will be fun :D

Thanks!
    -Ted

You confirmed you can "upgrade" from 3 blink (which some of us ZHP owners have done) to 5 blinks with your device right? I thought you were gong to test that to make sure there was no issue or conflict or something. Am I remembering that correctly?

Also thanks for going back and forth me with over email last night regarding the newer style microphone. I now remember even further back that I had asked you if I could just keep the stock phone set up and use the bluebus for bluetooth music streaming only and you said yes so thats what I will do. The newer microphone wont be an issue at all that way.

Also, so everyone knows, he has directions for updgrading the firmware with mac via command line so that is an option for those of us that only use macs. Maybe a UI app at some point.

Any plans to have a walk through demo video of the various system features working on a nav equipped car?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    Awh, did you go AVIN? If so, how much do you like it?
    No, I was looking at this for the blue touring I picked up a couple of months ago. I ended up with a Dension Gateway BT Lite for that one. I would prefer yours but I can't bring myself to spend money again on something I already have.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    You confirmed you can "upgrade" from 3 blink (which some of us ZHP owners have done) to 5 blinks with your device right? I thought you were gong to test that to make sure there was no issue or conflict or something. Am I remembering that correctly?

Also thanks for going back and forth me with over email last night regarding the newer style microphone. I now remember even further back that I had asked you if I could just keep the stock phone set up and use the bluebus for bluetooth music streaming only and you said yes so thats what I will do. The newer microphone wont be an issue at all that way.

Also, so everyone knows, he has directions for updgrading the firmware with mac via command line so that is an option for those of us that only use macs. Maybe a UI app at some point.

Any plans to have a walk through demo video of the various system features working on a nav equipped car?
    I have not gotten around to testing that, unfortunately. I can, however, code your LCM from the BlueBus, so that might be another avenue to explore. I will probably end up sending someone with comfort blinkers already coded a BlueBus to test it with. I've honestly never coded it, and even though I have NCSExpert and a cable, I probably don't find the time x_x

You're welcome! I had no idea that was you

Yep -- "If you like your OE BT, you can keep it" :P

Here's the documentation wiki, for those interested: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus/wiki

Not all of it is up to date, btw.

No, I was looking at this for the blue touring I picked up a couple of months ago. I ended up with a Dension Gateway BT Lite for that one. I would prefer yours but I can't bring myself to spend money again on something I already have.
    Sell the one bought and buy a BlueBus? :P

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    I will probably end up sending someone with comfort blinkers already coded a BlueBus to test it with. I've honestly never coded it, and even though I have NCSExpert and a cable, I probably don't find the time x_x
    Hey, if you need a tester, I'd be happy to test it and send it back when done. I'm very familiar with coding and can turn it off to test the BlueBus.

Sell the one bought and buy a BlueBus? :P
    Something tells me I won't really find a buyer for it - at least not anywhere close to what I paid for it! lol
    I'll probably upgrade sometime next year. I'm also curious to see what features will be introduced in the future.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Hey, if you need a tester, I'd be happy to test it and send it back when done. I'm very familiar with coding and can turn it off to test the BlueBus.

Something tells me I won't really find a buyer for it - at least not anywhere close to what I paid for it! lol
    I'll probably upgrade sometime next year. I'm also curious to see what features will be introduced in the future.
    I may take you up on that! I would want you to test _with_ the coding set

Shoot me an email at tass2001@gmail.com, please.

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast