Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Hey everyone,

Just heard from MacroFab that there's a small delay, which will result in units being delivered to me on July 6th, rather than June 26th.

If you purchased through ECS, they have to wait for me to get all units before I am able to send them their allocations, so that's going to push out their timeline as well.

Sorry guys!
    ​​​​​​​-Ted

Quote Originally Posted by 28firefighter View Post
    Hi Ted,

Saw on another forum that units were delayed for the second batch of orders. Does that mean those of us in the second batch are looking at August/September delivery timeframe?

Thanks for all your efforts here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not that far out! The delay is only a week

New bluetooth option for e46 coming soon

I’ve found 3 connectors near the sunroof motor, none of which fit the microphone. Is there a 4th one

Edit: found it, had to take out the lights to find it.
    Last edited by BMWM3186; 06-24-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Is there a way to adjust the volume while in a call? Also, a few people have said the 762 mic is echoing even after I updated the firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    Is there a way to adjust the volume while in a call? Also, a few people have said the 762 mic is echoing even after I updated the firmware.

Try the volume knob

762 seems to be hit or miss. Definitely lower the volume a tad and see if it helps. Also, set the mic gain to -27dB.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Ted, just sent you a PM sir
    Replied

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    Try the volume knob

762 seems to be hit or miss. Definitely lower the volume a tad and see if it helps. Also, set the mic gain to -27dB.

Replied
    I tried adjusting with the volume knob and it didnt do anything... but ill try again. How would I go about setting the mic gain, dont recall seeing that in the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWM3186 View Post
    I tried adjusting with the volume knob and it didnt do anything... but ill try again. How would I go about setting the mic gain, dont recall seeing that in the settings.
    Did that end up working? Are you on the newest software? See below...

If this is a CD53 car, I recommend following this guide: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...athering-a-Log (but don't run the "set log" commands). Instead, run "bt mgain c1"

Everyone,

Here is the newest firmware, which I recommend EVERYONE upgrade to: https://t3ddftw.s3.us-east-2.amazona...bus_1_1_14.hex (Right Click > Save As / Save Link As)

Here are the upgrade instructions: https://github.com/tedsalmon/BlueBus...rmware-Upgrade

Here's the changelog:

[IMP] application: Version 1.1.14

* Shutdown all unused I/O ports

* Rename I/O Port defines so they are consistent

* Ignore values for coolant temperature that are outside of usual ranges

* Resolve issue with radio overlay button in BMBT UI causing the UI to jump back to overlay mode even when on OBC / Nav

* Add support for extended ASCII characters, since most BMW UIs support this encoding

* Resolve issue with BlueBus keeping vehicles awake via TEL ON by shutting it down when the ignition is turned off

* Resolve issue with BlueBus waking other modules up by pulling the I-Bus low just prior to sleep (introduced around v 1.1.12)

Thanks!

-Ted

Hey guys,

I have some unfortunate news for everyone in the first batch who ordered in December:

I've recently figured out, after a few units turned up with similar failures, that a specific part (P-Channel MOSFET "Q2", for those curious) is failing pretty consistently due to it being under-rated for the voltage it's carrying.

The result is that this part is going to fail at some point, and may or maybe not take other components on the BlueBus out.

This is 100% my fault as I glanced by the value on the datasheet when originally shopping for a suitable part.

As I stand behind the BlueBus, I am going to be recalling every unit and I'm going to replace the part with one properly rated for the job.

If you are part of the second batch of BlueBus units, this DOES NOT impact you as I was able to have the correct part installed prior to assembly.

Q / A
    How do I know if my unit is affected?
    =====================================
    If you ordered in December, your unit is affected.

When will my unit fail?
    =======================
    At some point in the future. It's hard to tell, and I've only had 12 failures attributed to this part.

What happens if other parts, or the whole unit fails before you recall my unit?
    ================================================== =============================
    All impacted parts will be replaced and you will be given a fully working BlueBus.

How will you handle recalls?
    ============================
    I will soon be emailing users in groups of 50 to send their BlueBus units in. Units that have been in use longest will get priority, as they have a greater chance of failure. If your unit fails while you're waiting, I will immediately have you send the unit to me for repair. You will have 4 weeks to get your unit shipped to me, after that any failures will NOT be covered by me, and I will charge you for the part required to fix the unit.

Why did this occur?
    ===================
    Reading is hard, apparently.

Is anything else on the BlueBus going to fail?
    ==============================================
    Not likely! I've gone over the datasheets, typical application schematics and recommended layout guidelines for all parts on the BlueBus and everything else is fine.

What if I'm not in the U.S.?
    ============================
    Users in the EU/GB will send their units to a gentleman I know and trust in Germany who will perform the repair.
    Users elsewhere will have their units swapped out with one of my spares.
    Let me know if you have any additional questions and please know I am so sorry about this issue!

Please refrain from emailing me with regards to this issue unless your unit has failed as I'm the only person who fields questions.

Thanks!
    -Ted
    Last edited by t3ddftw; 07-07-2020 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Grammar

d'oh. well, glad I haven't put mine in yet. Car has been mostly sitting for months with the lock downs, but I was coincidently thinking of putting it in this weekend. Ill hold off for the time being.

These things happen. Thanks for standing behind it with a recall. I actually ordered mine in November, but got mine a little later than others in early May as I was waiting for the case. Not sure if that means I got a second batch or not, but I will keep an eye out for the email. Since its sitting here on my desk I can easily put it in a box and send it out any time.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    d'oh. well, glad I haven't put mine in yet. Car has been mostly sitting for months with the lock downs, but I was coincidently thinking of putting it in this weekend. Ill hold off for the time being.

These things happen. Thanks for standing behind it with a recall. I actually ordered mine in November, but got mine a little later than others in early May as I was waiting for the case. Not sure if that means I got a second batch or not, but I will keep an eye out for the email. Since its sitting here on my desk I can easily put it in a box and send it out any time.
    Sorry! Yeah, anyone who currently has a BlueBus in hand is impacted . I will see about getting you handled, since the unit is not in use.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast