Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    How is this different from the GROM unit I just installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    It appears to have less functionality than the GROM. Doesn't seem to do anything other than Bluetooth (no aux, no USB).
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    Great work!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Silbergrauwler View Post
    I love seeing these types of solutions being developed. My last three cars have required various types of solutions for BT integration and this seems like a very clean option.
    Thank you! OEM look and feel of the interface was my main goal

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    It appears to have less functionality than the GROM. Doesn't seem to do anything other than Bluetooth (no aux, no USB).

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Yup, it doesn't do AUX or USB, unlike the GROM. What it does do is better integrate with the OE systems in a manner that makes sense and make use of the OE microphone . I have never used the GROM unit myself, but one of my beta users who has an E39 M5 says that the audio quality from the BlueBus is superior. From what I can find, GROM uses the MBC05-CAR-AT based on the Bluecore 5. This chip has an output of 95dB SNR, while the PCM5102A that is in the BlueBus outputs 113dB SNR.

So is this unit ready for production? Pricing?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So is this unit ready for production? Pricing?
    I'm still validating my latest revision with the beta users, but so far the results are positive. I expect to send off for manufacture sometime in the next few weeks.

Pricing is somewhere between $160 - $180 right now. I'm waiting on my distributor to get back to me on cVc (Clear Voice Capture, which is echo/noise cancellation for hands free calls) licensing costs, which is going to be a factor in the end pricing. I'm also looking at having them manufactured in the U.S., but this would put my cost per unit at nearly $110.

I've put in for a pre-order. I don't enjoy using cables if I can help it (so usb and aux in are useless for me) and the hands free calling and integration with the factory display is the selling point.

Can't wait!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aethir30 View Post
    I've put in for a pre-order. I don't enjoy using cables if I can help it (so usb and aux in are useless for me) and the hands free calling and integration with the factory display is the selling point.

Can't wait!

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan High Flow Intake | BMW Perf. Glossy Black Grills | Body Color Reflectors | Debadged | DICE iPod Integration| Front Plate Delete

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    No, it won't. I actually developed this product so that I could stop having to use AUX in my own car. Even if I did add this feature, you'd have to wire it from the trunk to where you'd want the AUX input to be :/.
    Thanks for your informative reply here and the very friendly, helpful email you sent me earlier. I think I'm going to go for this! Am I right in assuming I can always revert to AUX-in by selecting it instead of the "CD changer"?
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
    Will,

Thanks so much for posting this! Just so we're all on the same page, I'm the creator of this adapter
    Ted, nice to see you here!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethir30 View Post

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo_GT View Post
    Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, guys! The OE integration was really what I was going for. I had been considering an Android head unit, but after reading all of the bad reviews about buggy software and poor audio quality, I decided to make a "Stock" Bluetooth A2DP adapter instead .

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Thanks for your informative reply here and the very friendly, helpful email you sent me earlier. I think I'm going to go for this! Am I right in assuming I can always revert to AUX-in by selecting it instead of the "CD changer"?
    You're welcome! Glad I could be helpful

Yes, OE AUX is fully retained by my system. In fact, I still have mine wired up because it's not doing any harm, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Ted, nice to see you here!

Glad to be here! I figured I should probably chime into the thread about my own product :P

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast