Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    All good stuff, looking forward to the release!

I saw your update on the M3 forum and it looks like you are going to include a lot of neat features. Hope you are still monitoring this thread for those of us here. I am wondering, regarding your reprogramming of the soft touch blink count, if you have tested this on cars who have already updated their system for 3 blinks. For example, can cars that have 3 blinks go to 5 blinks with your system? Or is is only going to work for cars that do not already have multiple blinks set up?

I ask because I had a friend update mine to 3 blinks but I think it would be safer/better to have 5 blinks.

Also, you mentioned being able to display speed on the Nav screen. Cool....but I think what would be more useful to E46 owners would be temperature for stuff like coolant.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

+1 for temps

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    I saw your update on the M3 forum and it looks like you are going to include a lot of neat features. Hope you are still monitoring this thread for those of us here. I am wondering, regarding your reprogramming of the soft touch blink count, if you have tested this on cars who have already updated their system for 3 blinks. For example, can cars that have 3 blinks go to 5 blinks with your system? Or is is only going to work for cars that do not already have multiple blinks set up?

I ask because I had a friend update mine to 3 blinks but I think it would be safer/better to have 5 blinks.

Also, you mentioned being able to display speed on the Nav screen. Cool....but I think what would be more useful to E46 owners would be temperature for stuff like coolant.
    I haven't forgotten about you guys! I just have way too many forum posts keep up with

I actually have no idea how the car will respond to the triple blink feature if the LCM already supports it. I suspect that it will work flawlessly, as the BlueBus simply "counts" the number of blink messages until the requisite amount is seen, so each of the three blinks would be seen, then the BlueBus should keep the diagnostic session alive until five are seen. My M3 has a triple blink capable LCM, so I'll load up NCSExpert sometime soon and enable the feature for testing.

I've also been considering allowing you to set the number of blinks anywhere from one to ten.

Coolant temp is certainly available, oil temperature is not unless you have a non-M E39

I'm struggling on how to I would display this data for Business Radio users, as that display is limited to 11 characters :/

-Ted

Ted, I know you're a crazy busy man. I greatly appreciate all you're doing, I'm just curious if you have a new timeframe?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aethir30 View Post
    Ted, I know you're a crazy busy man. I greatly appreciate all you're doing, I'm just curious if you have a new timeframe?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

I'm looking to kick off manufacture within the month of October. I'm waiting on some quotes from a Korean fab house and a couple of U.S. fabs. I got a quote for $88/piece from a China house yesterday, but thanks to the Trump Tariffs, those would end up costing me just as much as having it assembled in the U.S. (~$111/piece).

-Ted

Don’t let good be the enemy of perfect. At least let us Nav screen owners have the coolant temp! You know how we E46 owners are traumatized about stories of overheating. Haha. If we can figure out how to let our business radio owners join us, then cool!

thanks for looking into the triple blink thing. Let us know how it goes. Not sure about the M3 crew, but a lot of ZHP owners have upgraded their modules and set up triple blink.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Don’t let good be the enemy of perfect. At least let us Nav screen owners have the coolant temp! You know how we E46 owners are traumatized about stories of overheating. Haha. If we can figure out how to let our business radio owners join us, then cool!

thanks for looking into the triple blink thing. Let us know how it goes. Not sure about the M3 crew, but a lot of ZHP owners have upgraded their modules and set up triple blink.
    Yes, my M3 used to croak in the desert heat with the A/C on

I'm thinking I can make a few different "display modes" for Business CD users -- Metadata mode, OBC mode with Speed, RPM, Coolant Temp and regular "Time" mode.

Thanks!
    -Ted

Ted...Sent you PM.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Ted...Sent you PM.
    Replied

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast