Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Lightbulb 330Ci Coupe Facelift + Angel Eyes - How to wire?

2004 330Ci Coupe Facelift w/ Adaptive
    4 x Profile Pivot Switchback 110mm Angel Eyes from The Retrofit Source (link) (Install Guide)

Asking for advice on wiring these. I can handle the physical install, just need wiring advice.
    These are switchback lights, meaning they're white when on, and will flash amber with the turn signal.

Test 1: With the headlight disconnected. Black wire on frame ground. Amber wire spliced into turn signal wire. White wire bluntly stuck into RED CIRCLE. Test Successful, exactly desired behavior.

Test 2: with headlight connected. Black wire on frame ground. Amber wire spliced into turn signal wire. White wire touching stripped + cable on BLUE CIRCLE. White Angel Eye on. When turn signal put on, the angel eye flickers amber (in a bad way).

Is this the best place to connect the White wire? I have not soldered anything yet.

Ideally I'd like to have them turn on when i press Lock/Unlock and with the Follow Me Home lights. I will be diving into coding this summer.

EDIT: I've found this article (Link). Is this the best way?

Name:  TRSwiring.PNG
Views: 1046
Size:  162.5 KB

Name:  headlight.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  38.9 KB
    Last edited by Haynix; 04-02-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    2004 330Ci ZHP Mysticblau
    RIP 1991 E30 325i Cabriolet

Did you get it to work? I never tried it. But I would probably have used the relay wiring harness you found in the link to connect the outputs in to the white and black wires. That would do the angels on for lock/unlock and them being on as DRLs/all the time Then for the Yellow wire, I would connect them to the side markers. The reason for that is to avoid the whole 6v when headlights on, then 12v when actually signalling behavior. Unless the LED driver specifically only works with 12v, then it should fine to just connect it to the turn signal hot wire.

Question

Got the AE's physically installed. Mocked up a wiring diagram with a relay i bought. Does this look right? Wondering if i need to put a diode on the footwell wire so the accessory doesnt power footwell while car is on.

Note that I am designing these to come on when i Unlock the car and stay on when the key is in.

Relay:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

Name:  AE_Wiring.PNG
Views: 5081
Size:  36.7 KB

Name:  61nhrNUV22L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Views: 1652
Size:  61.9 KB
    (i believe Yellow and Blue do the same thing, based on product reviews and comments)

So then you're just wiring them up like how everyone does it. Yes I would put a diode on the footwell wire. You don't need a diode on the battery one though. Unless that isn't a diode? lol I can't tell from the picture. You should use like actual electrical symbols like -|>|- lol Best I could do without drawing it

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    So then you're just wiring them up like how everyone does it. Yes I would put a diode on the footwell wire. You don't need a diode on the battery one though. Unless that isn't a diode? lol I can't tell from the picture. You should use like actual electrical symbols like -|>|- lol Best I could do without drawing it
    That's a fuse on the battery wire.

Ok thanks! I've got them running on just accessory trigger for now, will wire the footwell in later.

Ahh ok. Yeah I'm used to seeing fuses as a rectangle with a line going through it. I forgot that's the other symbol for it