Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Headliner Repair

How much would you spend for a Headliner repair?

I got a quote of around $275 for the removal, sanding, and repair of my ZHP headliner (no sunroof, sedan).

I got another quote for $500 to have it done in suede, including the A and B pillars.

Are these reasonable prices? Is there anyone in the East Texas/Houston area that is especially good and deserving of recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    How much would you spend for a Headliner repair?

I got a quote of around $275 for the removal, sanding, and repair of my ZHP headliner (no sunroof, sedan).

I got another quote for $500 to have it done in suede, including the A and B pillars.

Are these reasonable prices? Is there anyone in the East Texas/Houston area that is especially good and deserving of recommendation?
    Honestly $275 is great for all the labor that is involved in that job. I'd pay that in a heartbeat.

I have a quote for $500 to replace the headliner on my ZHP. The shop won't use alcantara, just regular fabric that is a good color match. My car has sunroof, they will replace that section as wel.

The man does quality work, I took my Mini Cooper some years ago for headliner replacement and was very happy with the results.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I had my sedan headliner covered in “alcantara like” headliner fabric for $200 including the fabric. but i did remove the headliner myself and take it to them.

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

I'm in NC and have an appointment to have my headliner with sunroof, A, B, and C pillars done in a few weeks all in Black Alcantara for $500 plus tax. So your quote sounds about right. A few other places quoted me closer or greater than $600

For just the headliner he wanted ~$250

I got the headliner done, along with the A and B pillars. Cost $500 otd, including gluing some outside trim and re-fastening the front seat backs.
    Overall happy with the results, although I wish I'd gotten real suede/alcantara (which I believe he originally quoted me for).

I ended up going with the standard headliner material (which according to the shop is what new BMWs use). It's nice, just needs airing out in the garage to get rid of the smell.