Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idler Pulley bolt size?

Gang - In a bit of a tight spot; On the way home tonight the car started screeching...got home and looked at the pulleys, thinking it was a bad belt or pulley... sure enough - the idler(?) pulley bolt had worked itself out and the arm was rubbing against the adjacent pulley (water pump?)

Anyone know the bolt size?

Name:  CBD47015-7E51-4110-AF97-1BED768EFF49.jpeg
Views: 1707
Size:  205.0 KB
    -Chris

That's the tensioner, not the idler pulley.

Looks like you need:

11. Hex bolt: M8X105 07119904532

12. Washer: 11287835130

19. Protection cap: 12311713143

It looks like you have a hydraulic tensioner, whats good about those is replacing the pulley on it is really cheap, while you're down there you can replace both the idler and deflector if needed for like 30-40 bucks.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_2190

Awesome - thanks... Now I just have to see if my local dealer has them in stock tomorrow morning. Looks like I’m borrowing the wife’s car tomorrow!
    -Chris

Ended up ordering a new bolt, washer and cover from FCP Euro... Shipping via next day delivery was offered at a discount so I went that route. Fortunately my wife is out of town tomorrow so I have the use of her car for another day... Hope to fix this Saturday.

I also spun both pulleys with the belt off and they spun well, so I’ll leave that expense for another day. OEM BMW tensioner pulleys are $50 now.

Thanks again for the help!
    -Chris

Chris,
    There are (3) bolts that connect the hydraulic tensioner to the oil filter housing. It looks like the tensioner is very close to the water pump pulley. If that is the case you are probably missing one of the other (2) bolts. Just a fyi, hate for you to get in there and find out you need more parts.
    Current Garage... '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT (wife's), '02 Alpine 325iT (Eileen, Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT

Instagram @ HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Thanks man... I actually felt around the housing and the other two bolts were in place. I’ll definitely check them for tightness when I put the new bolt in (still hasn’t arrived; looks like FedEx failed FCP Euro this time.)
    -Chris

Just thought I’d add that I’m disappointed in FCP euro’s customer service; I emailed them last night, and the response to my question asking what they’re going to do about it was essentially ‘here’s your tracking information.’ -No apology for the inconvenience or offer to credit me for the shipping or anything. Surprising, actually, because ordering from FCP euro has previously been a good experience. I realize the shipping problem is not really their fault, but they should be seeking a credit from FedEx and passing it on to me. I paid for something I didn’t receive (expedited shipping) and it pisses me off.

Now my car is dead in the water until Monday night, because the only time I had to do this repair was this morning. I have commitments for the rest of the weekend and have to work on Monday, so I can’t do it until Monday night.
    -Chris

No bueno. You may want to post here for more visibility.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...21830-FCP-euro
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    Just thought I’d add that I’m disappointed in FCP euro’s customer service; I emailed them last night, and the response to my question asking what they’re going to do about it was essentially ‘here’s your tracking information.’ -No apology for the inconvenience or offer to credit me for the shipping or anything. Surprising, actually, because ordering from FCP euro has previously been a good experience. I realize the shipping problem is not really their fault, but they should be seeking a credit from FedEx and passing it on to me. I paid for something I didn’t receive (expedited shipping) and it pisses me off.

Now my car is dead in the water until Monday night, because the only time I had to do this repair was this morning. I have commitments for the rest of the weekend and have to work on Monday, so I can’t do it until Monday night.
    Hello Chris,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get your order in time. I'll be happy to refund the shipping you paid on the order.

You can email me your order number - davidg1@fcpeuro.com

Please let me know if there's anything I can help you with in the meantime.

Regards,
    Dave
    FCP Euro

e. davidg1@fcpeuro.com
    w. www.fcpeuro.com

Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns. Shop BMW Parts

Dave - Thank you. Email sent...

Nice to see responsive/ responsible customer service like this.

I placed another order, FWIW... Discovered my tensioner bracket was actually broken, which I think is what precipitated the bolt failure. (Bolt actually snapped, not loosened, and fell out.). I gooped the bracket up with some JB Weld and crossed my fingers. Hope it holds until the replacement bracket arrives.

Name:  E21EF85D-41A9-4AFB-A4DE-04E5076D3EBB.jpeg
Views: 971
Size:  130.8 KB

Name:  6E7C6216-9C0F-4858-A6A2-325C4602105D.jpeg
Views: 1114
Size:  228.0 KB
    -Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast